Friday, August 18, 2006

Hmmmm......did I do ANYTHING today????

And the answer is: NOPE!!!! Can't believe it........two days of NOTHING done on my part. But, like I have always said........when you are retired, if you don't get it done today....there is always tomorrow!!

The heat did not creep up today.......it boiled over in a very short time this morning. I made one trip around the yard to check on the weeds, etc. that I sprayed 48 hours ago to try to eliminate those damn things.......and???? Well, they DO look a bit more haggard today than usual, however.....could it just be the heat??? Hmmmm........another day or so should tell the story.

By then, I was drenched in the juices from my overactive sweat glands....and so I quickly headed back inside to the comfort of my 74 degree home. And the rest of the day.........not much accomplished. I read some......an old Robert Ludlum book. I am a big fan of his books and for some reason I never did read this one.......even years ago!!! GREAT to be back into his mind and the involved stories he concocts.

Then this evening, the 1st Lady and I decided to go down to the city center and dine at one of the three eateries located there.......oops, guess there are four ( I forgot Subway). On Fridays around this part of the state, most of the Mom and Pop places have "all you can eat Catfish" dinners......and this particular establishment serves some incredible fried catfish fillets!!! Sooooo, we both over ate........but, since we haven't eaten here for a few months, it is well worth the feeling of being totally stuffed.

I did post a few pics of some of the remodeling/renovations that are about complete on Stage 1 of our home projects.

And so......this evening will find this sagging hulk...that is overstuffed.....reading some more of Ludlum's novel. Ahhhh......a pleasant way to end a really nice day......and as always,

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: