Sunday, August 13, 2006

A weekend without traveling thru Cyberspace!!!!!

Oh yeah......once again I was isolated from the cyberspace world for an entire weekend!!!!!! Did I twiddle my thumbs, exercise, etc.,etc.???? No......I curled up in a great patio chair on my mother-in-law's patio and became totally lost in a good book for most of the weekend!!!!!!! THIS is something I have not done for almost a year..........and it really felt good to spend a lot of precious time just........reading!!!!! The drawback???? My eyes were sooooo damned tire by last night that I could barely focus.........they watered, they stung, they looked like I had been staring at the sun, which I hadn't. Do I need to see my nephew in St. Joseph, MO.......an optometrist??? YEP.......Greg....I do need an appointment!!! New glasses are definitely in order!!

My last post was from the Moser Estate on Thursday evening...... Friday we kept the little girls there at the Estate while Dr. Jeni had consultations with business pros concerning her upcoming business deal. Then we all headed north to "Granny's House", arriving mid-afternoon. And then......I began to read.....

Saturday........coffee (Folger's regular) was on the patio enjoying a gorgeous morning with an incredible breeze. And then I continued to read...........

This morning....I finished the book last night......I went to the grocery and bought today's STL Post-Dispatch....returned to the patio and had my coffee with the Sunday paper. EXCITING......huh??????

We left around 2pm.......stopped at "Armini's" at the Chesterfield Commons Mall just west of STL. Stopped there to look for an area rug of a contemporary design and colors that will go with the new living room color. Then a quick trip south to Manchester Rd to spend another hour at EXPO looking at some items that they have on display there. IF any of you good readers have NOT been to a Home Depot "EXPO" store..........GO!!!!!! There are not many in the country as yet, but check out your area and see if you are lucky enough to have one close by. It is great store for home items from appliances to kitchen designs to flooring to art work. EVERYTHING is there!!!!

Home around 7:30pm and a bit of putting things in order from being gone for four days. Had a message that pissed me off......a call from the Deliver Warehouse of Bassett Furniture in STL. The caller wondered if I planned on having our new bedroom furniture delivered tomorrow!! HA.....Good God.....he and I had quite a heated discussion about this date three weeks ago and I assured him at that time that I WOULD be at the door waiting for him tomorrow, the 14th!! He damned well better show up with that truck load of furniture tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so........our four days went quickly and now the new week begins. This one is a busy one also.........but, nevertheless.....

Life is GREAT.......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: