Tuesday, August 15, 2006

WOW!!! What a beautiful day!!!

Yep.....that says it all tonight!!!! The gorgeous weather made the day just perfect to mow the lawn......and that is just what I did. It had been a week or two since I mowed it.....and due to the lack of rain, it really didn't need it that much UNTIL......today. ALL of the rain we hd yesterday simply pushed those blades of grass up and our of the formerly parched earth......and I could almost hear the grass growing this morning when I was outside for my morning coffee.

When I was finished this afternoon.....we moved some of the furniture around into different places in our study......it needed a bit of change since we had already moved one of the desks out to the garage to join the other pieces of furniture that will be sold.....hopefully.....next month.

The monthly meeting of the local Board of Education was tonight. I have been on the board for almost 2.5 years now........my three year term is finished in the spring. I'm not certain if I will file for re-election this winter or not..........just haven't made this decision!! Anyway.....it only lasted a bit over two hours tonight.....not toooooo bad for having school start this week.

I have thrown in a few pics from this weekend. I am certain that the 1st Lady's mother will be upset when she sees HER picture and the unprepared way she looks in the pic. Anyway.....a picture of four generations needed to be taken this year.....and so I did.

Another great day is forecast for tomorrow......and I have some plans to spend most of it in the yard taking care of some much needed TLC for some of the plants and shrubs. And if it is a day like today.........it will be another day in which I can honestly say....

Life is Great.......and I hope it is for all of you, also.

No comments: