Friday, August 04, 2006

AHHHH.....a beautiful day!!!!

WOW......what a gorgeous day it was today!!!! The morning was just right with wonderful, breathable temps and low, if any, humidity. Ohhhhh that they all could be like this morning! I made a run out to the Supt's office to take care of some paperwork, both for ourselves here at TheHowserHouse and for the Madison County Democrat Club. Attempted to locate a grocery receipt in the house trash cans.....and then I got to dig through the corn husks, etc., in the large trash receptacle out at the edge of the driveway.......and NO luck. It really wasn't that important, however, the local grocery store ONCE AGAIN double charged us on my credit card.....not a huge amount, but it just pisses me off!!

They did this one other time but that time the amount was over s$900 and it took almost a week to get the money re-deposited into our account. This time it is only $15.10.....not a bank breaker, but I will NOT let them get away with this again. I simply will not ever go into that place again!!!

This afternoon was relaxing.....the 1st Lady had gone up to Farmington to have lunch with a couple of other educator friends....and as always, the lunch took about 3 hours!!! I did some reading on the patio and spent some time on the phone with a couple of friends that called.

Part of the afternoon was spent in sweeping, cleaning, and returning a couple of pieces of furniture to the living room. When the 1st Lady returned she did some touch-up painting on the living room walls, and FINALLY we then took down the blue tape on the moldings/baseboards.

Late afternoon vino was shared when our neighbor across the street knocked on the door and came in to discuss an interview he had had today. It sounded positive, but a person never really know how the interviewer perceives the individual he is interviewing!!! Sure hope he gets the position he is pursuing!!! Nevertheless.....we enjoyed a bottle of Pinot Grigio together with some interesting conversation!!!!!

Our evening meal was small and yet, wonderful. I forgot to mention that yesterday while we were downtown we stopped at the Soulard Market and even though it was late the middle of the afternoon, there were several veggie stalls still with some great buys on the fresh veggies!!!! We bought 14 ears of very sweet corn......so, tonight we had some fresh corn with a few other leftovers. WOW........that corn was soooooooooooooo GOOD!!!! I also sliced up a tomato that I had grown in my patio pots.....and it, too, was soooooo yummy!!!!!

Do any of you daily readers really have any doubt that I am getting saggier (is that a word?) with all of this wonderful summer eating that I am doing????? Good God, but I am going to have to cut back!!!!

I did receive word today that Dr. Bentinganan had passed away yesterday. With five sons and two daughters, and each one of his children sooo very, very successful it seems that his Life has been cut way tooooo short. I believe that one of his sons is currently in Iraq. I had five of his children in band.......there was one each class for five years in a row! Interestingly enough, each of the children had names that began with "V"!!!

And......by now the moon is shining brightly on the lawn.....and it is time to get this little posting of my Life today published and sent out through cyberspace to the some 200 people who read this daily! Sooooo.......as usual and always.....

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for ALL of you, also!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: