Thursday, August 17, 2006

Kicked back and relaxed.....

Even though I didn't get enough sleep last night due to a stiff/sore neck from that floundering fall of my sagging hulk yesterday......the morning was pleasant and relaxing. It was cool enough for my Fr. Roast coffee on the patio........a quiet place this morning as the school district's classes began today.

The rest of the day was just about as nice and quiet. The 1st Lady left before noon today to have lunch with a couple of friends who are also retired educators.......so that the 1st Lady and one of the other two were celebrating their actual FIRST day of retirement.....since school actually began today!!

I did some cleaning, vacuumed the new carpets, washed a couple of the larger windows, and generally led an easy and quiet life for about three hours. After the 1st Lady returned we tried out the "just arrived" black leather cubes that we will use as drink stands or places for papers and magazines. They are really just super......and the construction is excellent. I ordered them from Overstock.com........and I'm really pleased with them!!

About 4pm, I felt the need for some of my dark red medicine, so I picked some of my wonderful tomatoes and diced them, chopped some fresh garlic into very tiny pieces, picked several leaves off of my Basil plants and chopped them up, added some sea salt, cracked pepper, and olive oil and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Then we had some small garlic toasts in a bag and I put the Bruschetta on top and enjoyed my medicine with these wonderful, flavorful appetizers.

It seemed that I needed several large doses of my dark red medicine......about a half of a bottle which is much more than I usually have to swallow. But, I DID somehow manage to get it down without any problem whatsoever!!!!

The 1st Lady was preparing dinner tonight. She fixed some linguine with shrimp which was sauteed in a butter and garlic sauce. I chopped up a few more tomatoes and when the pasta and shrimp were done, I added the red tomatoes on top pasta and shrimp.....and then added some Parmesan cheese on top. Of course.........a bit more red medicine was necessary!!!

This evening.....well, it was one to just kick back and enjoy whatever dumb shows we could find on the tellie. As stated.......it was a relaxing day.......which of course helps to say that......

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: