Wednesday, August 16, 2006

SMOTHERING in STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm......today began slowly......great weather....mid-50's this morning......and then as the morning disappeared..........

The 1st Lady decided to complete the cleaning and disposing of the "stuff" that has been inhabiting the study/den since we began the remodeling projects last winter. Sooooo, the work began and we finally finished moving the furniture around to suit her wants for the room.....and then as I was pushing the large 36" TV on it's corner tv stand......something happened to the exercise "machine" and it began to tip over(it was folded against the wall...like an ironing board) and this caused me to lose my balance as I pushed on the tv/stand.....and soon I was floundering around, falling through the air towards the hardwood floor and ALL of the STUFF that was laying down there......and as I fought to regain my balance, that just made it worse. Soooo, in the 1-2 seconds that all of this was happening......I hit the floor with my left arm tucked under me and my head/forehead hit the floor....throwing my glasses off....and .....well, there is now a dent in the floor where I hit it!! AND.....there is an egg on my forehead with abrasions on my skin at the same place......and my left arm is a bit sore from ALL of my sagging hulk landing on it.

THANKFULLY, my glasses survived.....and, so did I!!!!

Soooo, the next problem became the "STUFF"!!!!!! What to do with it???????? Me? I would throw all of this crap that we have collected, purchased, been given.......throw it all away. However,....there are two of us living in TheHowserHouse/stick and brick.......and the 1st Lady doesn't agree with that. "We might need that sometime".......is the phrase that I hear daily!! Well.....my feelings are that if we haven't really put the item to use for the last 6-12 months.....GET RID OF IT!!!! But......I'm fighting a losing battle.......ugh!!!! And so, we move the "STUFF" into a new area of the house......to be moved again at a later date!!

This evening I grilled some brats on the patio, had a beer(no red medicine tonight), read some in the fading light of the evening, and then fought a few flies that insisted on feasting on me, along with a few no-see-ums which have arrived in our yard in the last few days. Hope they migrate right on....whichever way they want to go!

And so, here I am.....an egg on my forehead, my left arm slightly sore, and I'm trying to surface from under all of this "STUFF" so that I can breathe!!!! Aside from that,

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!!

No comments: