Saturday, July 22, 2006

YEAH!!!!!! Weather to ENJOY!!!!!!

Hmmm.....you might think that my Life is based on the weather here in Misery......and I must admit that the weather DOES make living much better when it is nice! Yesterday.....well, that was quite a different story!!!!

I had driven up to Festus for my appointment with the urologist doctor and since it was my first visit with him, I arrived early to fill out the reams of paperwork that everyone must now complete before they can even meet a doctor. With the clipboard and pen in my hand, I began the task...and suddenly the lights went out in the entire building. We were plunged into darkness for a short period of time until the emergency lighting came on. In about a minute or two the electricity was back on.......and the reception room door opened and in came a lady in a wheelchair being pushed by a friend......and they were a bit shaken as they had been in the elevator which stopped between floors when the lights/electricity went out.

Well, for the next 30-40 minutes the lights continued to go out.......at least 12 times during that time period. When they were operating the TV, which was on, was giving all kinds of severe weather warnings and so we knew the problem with the lights. So......about an hour after my appointment was scheduled to begin, I finally was called to head down the hallway......and after a few "liquid" test samples, the normal BP/heart rate checks, and a few other minor items, it was into another room to wait(nothing new here.....ALL doctors seem to have the same procedure).

The exam by the Dr. went well.......and he seems to believe that everything that is inside me is all that is supposed to be there.....and no foreign entities are down there. However, he is still not through with the testing and so I return next Tuesday for an ultra-sound test, and then another appointment on Aug. 21st. I was impressed with the urologist.........and seemed to be sincerely interested in me as individual, and not just someone who had been referrred to him for him to check all of my......hmmmmm.......male appendages.

While I was inside the Medical Building, the rains had dropped quite a bit of liquid outside.....and when I returned to F'town.....well.........a HUGE storm had rushed across the top of the hill where TheHowserHouse/stick and brick/on wheels .......all spend their time. Limbs were down in the yards, twigs and leaves, and other debris had been blown everywhere!!!! Quite a wind storm, but nothing of any substantial damage....Thank God!!

The 1st Lady left yesterday evening and will be gone for a week. She is spending this weekend at the Moser Estate.......caring for the two granddaughters...well, actually three(Rachel also is there)......as Dr. Jeni and Darrel are spending the weekend celebrating their 11th wedding anniversary in the city at a hotel, dining out, and........whatever. Then on Monday, the 1st Lady is going on up to Monroe City to spend the rest of the week with her mother and will return to F'town on Friday.

Me???? Well, I spent 95% of this BEAUTIFL day outside working in the yard.....which included spending almost 3 hours simply CLEANING the yard from yesterday's storm. I have no idea how many loaded wheel barrows it took to remove all of the storm's debris. Following that I finally had the chance to mow the rest of the lawn that I had not completed from earlier in the week.

Having not cooked for sometime.......I fixed one of my favorite easy meals; long grain rice topped with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots and then added some Roma tomatoes that I had salted a few hours earlier and they were quite juicy!! Then I garnished the entire dish with some wonderful Feta cheese and fresh basil which I picked from my herb garden. Of course........all of this was accompanied by my dark red medicine. THIS was a very healthy meal!!!!!!!!

And soooooo, tomorrow morning I plan to touch up the paint job on the living room walls. Following that.....well, I hope it get the room "cleaned up".......sooooo much painting stuff is everywhere and needs to be put away, IF I think we are finished for awhile.

A BEAUTIFUL DAY........and,

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: