Monday, July 10, 2006

Long time, No post......

Well.....we DID return to TheHowserHouse/stick and brick yesterday evening. We departed Ames, Iowa, about mid-morning on Saturday, however, we only drove about half-way and stayed overnight with the 1st Lady's mother. Her mother has been experiencing more health problems, so we decided to spend some time with her before heading on south to home.

Our week in Ames was WONDERFUL!!!!! I know that I have written and expressed my views about the Special Olympics National Summer Games.....but I could write more and more about the atmosphere there and how it made me feel to be part of this unique experience. As I said before......it HAS changed my Life a great deal......and it has opened my eyes to the incredible people who are our "Special Citizens", not only of just our country, but also of the entire world. Did I mention that there was a delegation from China there to observe how the Games were run and administered as China will host the World Special Olympics in Shanghai next year??

Today was a busy one for me. I took my very ill lappie out to the school tech guru and left it with him to attempt to cure it of it's ills......I HOPE!!! Then I had to dash to Farmington to get a haircut......I have a VERY important wedding to participate in this coming weekend......and then dashed home, change clothes and drove to STL for an appointment in Clayton. Finally, after spending an hour sitting in heavy, stalled traffic during the evening rush hour, I returned back down here around 7:30pm.

Tomorrow.....well, it is back to trying to finish sanding the living room walls to get rid of that damned sand/textured paint so I/we can get the room painted with a flat finish. Then.....perhaps we can begin to put that room back together once again.......???? I HOPE!!

My tomato plants are loaded with growing tomatoes!!!!!!! And.....my basil bush is growing soooo much I doubt that I can use all of it......and the rest of my herb garden seems to be progressing quite well!!!! Perhaps I can set up a roadside stand to sell fresh basil??????? HAHA!!!! SURE I will make tons of money doing that!!!!!

Soooo, even tho "home is where the heart is"......I do not feel that way. I need to be traveling down the road, around the curve, over the next hill, and discovering new sights, new sounds, new aromas, and new restaurants. Soooooonnnnn, I hope!!!!

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: