Wednesday, July 12, 2006

ANOTHER day of wall-working.....

Yep......I was back on the ladder today with my dust-filtering face mask on to scare off any door-to-door salesmen. I was a bit on the late side this morning, but after a couple of cups of my Fr. Roast coffee, I felt the urge to get my errands completed so that I could climb up on that wonderful ladder and attempt to finish the sanding task today!

Getting a later start than I had hoped for, I was turning green by 12:30 this afternoon. Yep....the dust from the textured "sand-in-the-paint" that we are removing from all of the walls in the living room and dining area soon covered my face and hair.....and I am certain that I would not have been recognized had someone come inside the house. And so........I continued to use the sander until a few minutes after 8pm tonight!!!!!! I had a couple of small breaks as Sue and Dave, our last night dinner hosts, came over to make us take a break.....bringing some of their wonderful dessert goodies that they had fixed last night for after our dinner. After a few minutes of chatter, we finished the cake, they departed for their home, and we returned to our dusty task.

THEN......a former student, who is now a band director in North STL, dropped by to visit for about 15 minutes. Well.......I guess I didn't look as bad as I thought because he did recognize me and remained to talk.

FINALLY, shortly after 8pm, we/I finished the sanding.....and then I spent about 30 minutes cleaning the two rooms. I did a better than average job of sealing off the other rooms with plastic sheeting and tape and so the cleaning was not as difficult as I had expected it would be. SURE glad to get this task finished.......and now: IT IS TIME TO PAINT!!!!!!

Sooo, I will soon retire to my horizontal position after I take a couple of pain killers for my aching/screaming shoulders and arms. I am certain visions of paint brushes will dance through my head all night!!!!! But.....it is the final step to getting some of our house put back in order.....and soooo,

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: