Tuesday, July 18, 2006

And Misery in Missouri just gets worse!!!!

THIS has been the WORST day yet during this heat wave that we are experiencing........the heat index was 113 degrees at one point this afternoon, and might have been higher than that!! Everytime I stepped outside today, it was exactly like stepping into a sauna......with the exception that here I was fully dressed.....well,.......almost fully dressed. I wore as little outside today as I could legally get by with and not get the neighbors all hot and bothered.....and not from the temps......hahahah!! We did have a 15 minute HARD downpour at 6pm.....but all it did was to increased the amount of humidity this evening, and for tomorrow.

Today......well, I found myself preparing the living room for painting: moving some of the furniture out my way, laying huge sheets of thick plastic sheeting across the floor and what furniture remained(white leather sofa and grand piano). Then after a quick trip to pick up two gallons of Benjamin Moore "Decorator White" paint for the ceiling, I took the plunge and began to paint over my head...........seems like I am always over my head in some type of activity!!!

Actually........I was happily surprised at how easily the paint went on the textured ceiling(I did NOT sand the ceilings)!!!! I had already taped over the moldings around the windows, doors, baseboards, and other openings so it was not a time consuming task today. I gave the living room ceiling two coats of this great white paint.......our ceilings had been painted with a beige paint.....for years and years. So......WOW....it really looks clean and fresh!!!!

I will continue with the white paint on into the dining area and the WIDE hallway leading to the second bedroom and to our den/study and the bathroom. I just couldn't get to all of it today because of the stacked furniture in these two areas. AND.....the 1st Lady said she will paint the living room walls, so the room needs to be as vacant as it is now to allow her to get to the walls. She had to make a trip to Farmington to pick up the wall paint: Sherwin-Williams and the color has no particular name because we had them use their computer to copy the color of a picture we had.......however, it is a burnt orange/terra cotta color......or so we HOPE it is!!! HAHA......we will know more when we get it on the walls and probably it will take at least two coats to get the color we want.

This evening I had to be at the Board of Education meeting for a couple of hours at the Bd. Building. A very calm and laid back meeting tonight!!!

Tomorrow morning we head up to STL for our appointment with the guy in the cabinet shop that we have been haggling with. Sure do HOPE that tomorrow we can nail down exactly what we want and get the ideas across to him so that only one more trip will be necessary......the signing of the contract.

DAMN......but this aging of my body.....the evolution into the sagging hulk that I have become(and it is NOT pretty).......well, it does bother me. I am sooooo damned sore from painting over my head with a long pole and roller brush......just the different muscles that I use really sets my evolving body into screaming spasms of muscule pain!!! Hate it.......

But, nevertheless......

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: