Sunday, July 16, 2006

A BUSY weekend!!!!

From Friday thru Saturday night......my main focus was centered on the wedding of Andrew Gipson and Laura Shrewsbury. The 1st Lady and I went up to STL on Friday morning, did some shopping and purchased some drapes for the new family room, along with a new drapery pole, and then before we knew it, it was time to head over across the Mississippi to Waterloo, IL. This extremely clean and very neat town is the home of the bride and where the wedding church is located.

The rehearsal went well.......it was a beautiful church in which to have a wedding. And the rehearsal dinner given by Andrew's parents was good and enjoyable. We returned to F'town rather late......somewhere around midnight.

Saturday.....it was up and checking to see that we had all that was needed for the late afternoon event. Then.....because we had screwed up and didn't have the correct measurements for the window draperies...AND pole.....we had to go back out to West STL on Manchester.....the EXPO Decorating Center.....and exchange everything we had purchased the day before. LUCKILY, they had the correct sizes and we were soon on the highway back to Waterloo.

With the wedding at 3:30pm......it was necessary to be dressed by 1:30 for the pictures, or so we were informed. Andrew and the rest of us guys sat around for over an hour before the photographer told us to follow him OUTSIDE in the high 90 degree heat. He took some pics on the steps of the church and then it was a quick dash back inside to the a/c before our tuxes started dripping sweat.

The wedding was very, very nice......and it went off without any surprises!! The bride was beautiful.....radiant might even describe her look! AND THEN.......we sat around in the church having more pictures made for right at 2 hours!!!!! UGH!!!! But, such is the way of bridal photographers.......it is ALWAYS that way.

Then all of the bridal party entered the limo, sat back with some champagne and enjoyed the ride back to STL to the wedding reception location. With the pics taking soooo long, it wasn't quite the LONG ride around in the limo that was hoped for........but, it worked out perfectly anyway!!

The reception dinner and dance went without any problems and was a GRAND SUCCESS!!!!!! It was a really nice place for the reception, the dinner was soooooooo great, and the party afterwards was perfect!! So enjoyable and I believe the newly wedded couple enjoyed everything 100%!!!!

The 1st Lady and I returned to F'town around 1AM, which made for a quick night in a horizontal position!!!! I was up at 6:30AM this morning as we had made plans to visit Michael for the morning. Had a good visit with him and then returned mid-afternoon.

Both the 1st Lady and I CRASHED for a couple of hours!!! I was soooo tired that I couldn't even make any sense of what I was doing......except to lay on that sofa and get some sleep. Later this evening I got most of the TALL grass mowed and trimmed......the rest to be done tomorrow evening. The ungodly HEAT today made mowing a bit of a chore, so after I lost about a gallon of moisture from my heated body.....I called it a day and put the mower away for the night.

My body is now telling me that it needs to be put to bed for a few hours......soooo....I will follow the instructions it is giving me......quickly!!! But, as I always say:

Life is GREAT!!!! And I hope it is for all of you, also

CONGRATS ANDY & LAURA!!!!!!

No comments: