Thursday, September 09, 2010

Wed/Thur, Sept 8/9, 2010: TODAY??? NON-stop rains!!!!

Yesterday??? I was up and moving around rather quickly by 6AM.....as I had an optometrist appointment at 10 in Cape G. I also had made arrangements with Allan Navarette, across the street, to help me load the "new" lawn mower into the back of the truck. Yep......the saga of the lawn mower continues.......

This time.......while being promoted as a "self-propelled" mower, the front wheel drive was not pulling the mower through the grass.....ANY grass, not just the tall stuff!!!! Oh yeah....it pulled on the concrete driveway, but let it go into the grass and you had to keep pushing it. And, OMG....when we attached the grass catching bag on the rear of it, it wouldn't move an inch if there was any grass in it!!! I do not think the weight of the engine, etc. was on the front wheels, but rather on the large, rear wheels, or it was, it just wasn't enough. Soooooo, I took it back to Cape for a refund! DAMN!!!!!! Perhaps the third time will be a charm???????

Soooo, the appointment went well.....about 50 minutes in his office, including the dilating time for the "newest" eye. It was a very good exam.....seemed very thorough and complete. And, the good words were that everything seems just fine with the newest eye, as well as the old "new" eye, the right one. I was tested for reading glasses and then the new glasses lenses were ordered.....should arrive in about a week..and, I hope they do!!!

I returned to the sticknbrick about 1pm.....and the rest of the day was just a kick-back afternoon. I found myself reading curled up on a large chair.....and it was very pleasant to do just that.

TODAY......OMG, has it ever rained here!!!!!!!!!!! It began about 9am.....and has never ceased all day.....and I kid you not!!!! Right now....7:13pm, it is pouring buckets out there....whew!!! The grass is getting greener and greener by the hour!!!

I never got outside today......watched some tv, caught up on some shows that we had put on the DVR when we weren't here....."Top Chef" being one of them. And.....I also continued to read during the dark and dreary and drippy day!!!! This evening....the 1st Lady is at her sorority meeting......not a night to be out and about, but it is only rain, isn't it???

Trying to set up some plans for our trip to Philadelphia, PA in about 10 days. We are entirely flexible about the departure date, but we do want to be there by the last weekend of the month. We will not be taking the RV, but just driving in the car. IF plans work out, we will stop in south-central PA and visit a life-long friend and his wife.......and then, he will take us to the train in Harrisburg to go on to Philly. That way we will not have to pay the outlandish costs for parking in a garage in the city center, which is where Jeremy and Anne-Marie are living. We'll see if this all works out with these thoughts/plans.....

And so......all of the rain, all of the dreariness does not bring a halt to my normal way of thinking........that,

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: