Sunday, September 05, 2010

Sept 5, 2010: And, she is gone again.....

The morning came earlier than normal for the 1st Lady......as she made plans yesterday to go down to Clearwater Lake to meet Dr. Jeni and Darrel and kids for today and tomorrow. They took their motorhome down there last night.....along with their boat......and they planned to spend the day out on the lake in the boat. Well......I am NOT a water duck.......I just am not one that enjoys spending the day on the water.....I cannot swim and have always been a bit afraid of the water......really do believe that I drowned in a previous lifetime!!!! Only reason I can think of that would make me sooooo deathly afraid of water, even since I was a small child!

Soooo, she drove down....about 55 miles.....and was to spend the night with them, returning tomorrow. Myself??? Today????

Well, I read the morning papers as I drank my Fr. Roast coffee for a few hours this morning. Love to read the Sunday papers online......and that is just what I did!!! Then, the 1st Lady has not like the new lawn mower ever since we bought it.....as it just does not have "guts" to pull itself around the yard. I had not tried mowing until yesterday afternoon when I decided to give it a small test run......doc's order to NOT mow for six weeks after my last surgery, so I have been trying to obey those orders. Well......it didn't take me very long before I realized that the damn mower was not pulling itself....as I found myself pushing the damn thing. CRAP!!!!!! Can't believe this......sooooo, today I cleaned it up to get ready to put it back into the box and return THIS one, which is much worse than the first one we purchased!!!! Will the third one be the charm???????

I did some reading on the patio this afternoon.....and then I sent a Facebook message over to Allan, the young man who mowed my yard previously......and asked him to mow it again this afternoon, if possible. Soooo, about 4pm, he comes over and soon is riding around the lawn cutting the grass......then pushing the smaller mower to cut between our plants and bushes....and then he did the weed-eating.....and then he raked the cut grass up and put it onto our burn pile. He does a great job......!!!!!!! Thanks Allan!!!!

After I had a bite to eat.....the doorbell rang about 6:30....and it was Allan again with his new purchase.....a new guitar. He wanted to play for me...and to sing. Soooo, for the next 2-3 hours he played and we talked. I had him read for me....and he reads English quite good....but, his skills in speaking are still a bit weak. BUT.....I can definitely see a difference in him holding a conversation in English than just a few weeks ago!!! And, it was really quite fun to work with him on his speaking skills this evening. His singing is really quite good....a great voice, but his guitar playing still needs some work on the changing of chords quickly! But....I believe he will get this going before too much longer. His parents are professors in a university in Mexico where he lives....and he has had three years of university already, also. He is here for six months to study English.....and I think he will be MUCH mucho better be the time he has to return to Mexico.

And soooooo, our friendship is much more relaxed.....he is more comfortable in trying to speak with me....whereas before, he was very nervous about talking to me.....just wasn't comfortable to try to speak in English. I think our conversations and our music discussions was quite good for him. I told him to continue to read in English and to read out loud.........hope he does just that!!!

And soooo, another day in the Life of this sagging hulk of Me has slipped away. The next two days will be busy......with visitation tomorrow evening and the funeral on Tuesday morning, and then the drive up to Jefferson Barracks in STL for the burial. But.......as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: