Monday, September 13, 2010

FOUR days of catch up needed.....(Sep 10-13, 2010)

No breakdown by days this time.......just a brief overview of things here in TheHowserHouse:

We went to Cape G on Friday morning to take care of a few things and to visit with Mike. Returning home mid-afternoon.....we scurried around like large mice....and got ready to have dinner at the Hanner House that evening.

It was a grand dinner with exquisite presentations and really quite wonderful food: Four courses which included great mussels for the appetizer, butternut squash soup was next, juicy med rare steak and salad for the next course, followed later by coffee and dessert. Oh sooooo good......however,........

Not 30 minutes after I had finished the entree and we had moved into the family room for coffee and dessert, I began to feel some really strange rumblings in my lower body which was soooo stuffed with the dinner. And after several hurried trips to the necessary (and it really was just THAT) room, the 1st Lady and I hurried home, knowing full well that whatever it was that I was experiencing was NOT going to go away quickly. Well......I was up and down until 4AM!!!!!!! And, it wasn't pleasant!!!!!!!! It seemed that my body found it necessary to use the north end and the south end to rid itself of whatever I had eaten......and I soon found myself just laying on the floor of the bathroom....exhausted and drained...literally!!!

Finally at 4AM, I went to lay down on the bed......and managed to stay there until about 8am......and then I felt quite a bit better!!!! All day on Saturday, I just moped around the house.....not feeling very strong or healthy, but no more was I sick! The TV was my source of Life all day long......laying on the sofa and watching and dozing and watching some more of the HGTV and FOOD channel shows.

Sunday....I felt just fine!!! We met Darrel and Dr. Jeni and the three kids at Ryan's (Horse Trough) for a late lunch. I ate most likely lots more than I should have and after saying "Bye" to all of them the 1st Lady and I went to Lowe's to do some looking around. Well.....I had not been inside 20 minutes when.....uh-oh......those strange rumblings began again!!! Soooo, again....we hurried back to the sticknbrick....and, yes......I was sick again!!!! VERY minor in comparison with all night on Friday, but enough that it caused me some unpleasantness once again.

Today......a bit weak, but feeling pretty good, so we dashed up to Festus to do some looking at Home Depot and then back to Farmington to Lowe's. Returning home here mid-afternoon.....all has been OK with me! Soooooo...............????????

What happened??? Well, one thought is that I ate one, or more, mussels that were not good....even though I very carefully made certain that the shells were open from the cooking process before I ingested those tasty little morsels. However.......no one else became ill....but then they didn't eat the EXACT mussels I ate, did they??? The second thought that goes along with the mussels is that at Ryan's I ate some fried shrimp for lunch. OK.....let me explain: all of my Life I have had a MINOR allergy to shellfish......the only thing noticeable is that my sinuses begin to drain like a waterfall everytime I eat shellfish, but nothing more than that has ever happened. Now.......genetically, my father would literally pass out if he ingested/ate any seafood, so he always refrained from selecting it, but sometimes it would have been added to other foods and so, there he would go, down to the floor.

OK.....sooo, has my system changed???? Am I all of a sudden allergic to shellfish??????? I do not know!!! The only thing that I can do is to allow myself to completely recover......and then give it another try.......gently with tiny portions......and test it out! Good God, but I sure hope I have not developed an allergy to shellfish......the most delectable things that I enjoy eating!!!!! Thinking back, I added frozen shrimp...large one....a couple of weeks ago to some of Zatarain's Dirty Rice that I prepared for myself while the 1st Lady was visiting her Mom....and, I ate tons of that delicious food.....and, NOTHING happened then!!!!???? Has an allergy surfaced in just two weeks.....soooo strongly that I was soooo deathly ill on Friday night??????? Again.......a test is necessary, but I will be certain that I "take the test" here at home, but again, only a tiny test will be administered by myself for this experiment!!!!

And soooo, the so-called allergic reaction has certainly ruined my weekend......and the amazing evening that we had at the Hanner's!!!!! But.......everything is fine tonight, albeit all I had was soft food for today: oatmeal for breakfast, cheese soup for lunch, and a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. A bit more will be attempted tomorrow.......... Got to get back to normal since we are solidifying plans to go to Philadelphia next week to see Jeremy and Anne-marie, as well as my life-long USAF friend who also lives in PA!!!!

And soooo, there you have it!!!!! My four days past in a medium-size nutshell. But, even with all of this unpleasantness.......as always,.........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: