Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Mon/Tues, Sept 6/7, 2010: Always "on the go"!!

Yesterday morning.........up and going, French Roast on the patio, and then.....time to clean the house as we had a guest staying with us, who was to be here for the funeral of our neighbor, Earl Bollinger. Sooooo, I did just that........

During the morning Earl's son-in-law with his college age daughter came over and needed to use the WIFI and printer. I was really glad they did come over.....as I do know how difficult it is to get a few thing done while being gone from home WITHOUT access to the internet. The seemed to really like our "modern" house....and so, I gave them a short little tour.

The 1st Lady arrived shortly after lunch time.......and from that time on, we were thinking of the visitation for Earl which was scheduled to begin at 5pm. About 4:30 or so, Dana arrived from Branson.......she used to live just a few house down the street, so she knew Earl quite well.......as do sooooo many people here in F'town.

We arrived at the funeral home about 5:30....and the place was very full. Saw many people whom I have not seen in quite some time, as well as many whom I did not know. We stayed about 30 minutes or so......and then the three of us went to the Pizza Hut for supper.

Returning home.......the evening quickly disappeared....and the day was completed.

TODAY.......I had to be at the church by 9:45 since I was an honorary pallbearer...the services began at 11AM. Earl's wife, "Corkie", had to be picked up in Farmington as yesterday at the assisted living home in Farmington where she had been moved to from the hospital in Cape Girardeau. Yesterday she had had a diabetic problem with her count surging to 800....and was admitted to ICU in the hospital in Farmington. Sooooooo, she was not there last night for visitation....and no one was sure she would there today. However, she did make it in a wheel chair......and it was the first time she had seen him since the day they were in the auto wreck, almost two weeks ago.......certainly today was not an easy time for her!

Following the wonderful service, we were invited to the luncheon in the church dining room. At 1pm.....many of us lined up in our cars and we all went into St Louis for Earl's burial at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery. Another emotional few minutes there, especially when Taps was performed. We then all returned to F'town.......the entire round trip and ceremony taking only about 3.5 hours.

Late afternoon, Earl's daughter, Carla and her husband Randy, came over to the sticknbrick and tour their tour through our home. We had a great time and we were soooo glad they came over for those few minutes.

A busy couple of days it has been. Tomorrow, I must be in Cape G. for an eye appointment...hopefully the last one!!! This time is basically just to be tested for reading glasses.

Soooo, my body is screaming loudly right now....trying to tell me to get into a horizontal position and get some rest......which is needed tonight. That's ok.......I don't mind doing that as I am tired this evening.......but, as always, no matter how tire I am...........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John:

Thanks so much for your kind comments and words of birthday encouragement. These damn birthdays are coming at me faster and faster. I hope you and the Howser family are all doing well. I continue to follow and enjoy the blog. Best wishes for a fantastic autumn season!
-Brian McKenney