Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sep 19, 2010: A rather busy day....preparing!

Tomorrow we are off on a 12 day "road trip" as far as Philadelphia, PA and then back through Virginia to the HowserHouse. Oddly enough, we have an itinerary and a few reservations already made......not our usual style of traveling. However, as I have explained and discussed on here previously, we have only a few days after we return here to prepare for a longer trip down to Orlando, FL...and then around the north half of the state as we make our way back here.

Soooo, today was the day to put things in order, do some packing, and tend to a bit of yard work which had to be done prior to our morning departure. The day slipped away quite quickly.....and the only real "down time" was this afternoon when the young man from Jimenez, Mexico, who is visiting his cousin and family in the house across the street........when he came over to the house and visited for 2-3 hours. He made some salsa for us.....QUITE HOT.....but, I enjoyed it with the "Hint of Lime" Tostados that we always have around the kitchen......great for Happy Hours!!!

Allan and I talked and talked.....and his English language skills are improving. He did use the laptop to translate a few phrases of is into English and a few of mine into Spanish. MANY years ago....in the middle of the last century....I had four Spanish classes while in college....but, OMG....if you don't use it, you will lose it.....and I sure as hell did!!! I need for him to just speak in Spanish to me....however, that doesn't do him any good as he needs to speak and think in English when he is with me. I am soooo impressed with him.......a great "up-bringing" by his parents....and they seem to be a very supportive family with high standards and great values. Of course, both of his parents are teachers...in high school and in college. It is difficult for him to be away this long from his family, but he has his own laptop and can keep in touch daily through various means......Skype, Facebook, and emails.

OK......I will try to post tomorrow evening, if WIFI is available....either in the Lexington, KY area or east of there towards Huntington, West Virginia....the area of our goal for tomorrow. The last time I was over that way by car was almost three years ago....and I drove over to D.C. in one day as I was the only one in the car. The 1st Lady cannot ride that long.....it really begins to bother her on those long days of traveling, so we will break up the trip into two days with Waynesboro, PA being the first destination of two nights and one day.

The house is almost secured.....and the last thing I always do is to turn on the security alarms prior to leaving. Soooo.......until tomorrow....and, as always........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: