Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday, Aug 24, 2010: Hmmm.....some left eye problems....??

The weekend?? Well......Saturday faded away by Sunday morning......a nice day, but we really didn't do anything other than the normal things that we always do around the sticknbrick.

Sunday??? For some reason I began to have some pain in my left eye......off and on....and then sharp needle like pains. Soooo, it really bothered me....and I found myself laying down quite a bit of the time....trying not to do much of anything. I called the Dr. at his home during the morning, but he was "on call" his wife told me, and she gave me his cell phone. She said he was getting ready to have an emergency surgery on someone.......so, I called the number and reached him, he telling me the same thing. I told him what was happening......and he said if it became worse to call him and he would meet me at his office at 3pm.......otherwise, to come in to his office at 8:30 the next morning....Monday.

Well, it didn't go away completely....the pain....but it didn't get any worse. I just laid around most of the day, watching some tv and snoozing off and on(like some OLD, OLD man...ugh!) I developed a headache......unusual thing for me since I have had my teeth fixed this summer!.......and that didn't help, but I didn't call him.

Yesterday....Monday....I drove down to Cape G for the 8:30 appt. I felt FINE!!! Sooo, I went through the varied machine tests, eye dilated, etc., etc. and Dr. Kinder said everything looked fine, but couldn't explain what had happened to me on Sunday, in reference to the sharp pains. I picked up some freshly baked breads at Schnuck's......a great local supermarket chain.....got a cup of coffee.....and was home by 10:15.

Did a bit of cleaning....light....on the patio, and used the weedeater, not heavy, no strain. Late afternoon I grilled some wonderful brats which we love that come from Sam's Club: chicken with asiago cheese and spinach with lots of spices......oh soooo good. The 1st Lady had made a Lemon Meringue pie...she is NOT a pie baker...probably only the 5th pie she has ever made, and I while I was cleaning the kitchen......I began to have more pain in my left eye.....really bad. We called the Hanner's to see if they were ok for some pie.......and, before we left to go out to their home, my eye was still bothering me really a lot. Then I blinked and I saw this dark reddish spot in front of me....and it wouldn't go away. Closed my eyes and could see a bright spot with my eyes closed. This bothered the hell out of me, to say the least......and, I allowed(?) myself to really get a bit paranoid about this unusual thing......became a bit upset to say the least.

We went on out to the Hanner House, but it didn't go away, seemed to fade a bit, though. The pie and conversation and their great coffee was sooooo good.......ALL of those!!!! Dave is healing really quickly, looking better and better!!!! Scars will always be there with him, of course, but he is healing!!!! He goes back into STL today for a Dr.'s appt at the Burn Center of St. John's Mercy Hospital, where he spent those 10 days after the explosion.

My eye got a bit better......the "spot" went away, but I remained on their sofa most of the evening, keeping my head from moving as much as I could. Returned home and just went to bed......rather worried, to say the least!!!! Soooo, I guess I will call my Dr this morning.....he is not a very personable person......THAT I don't like......as it makes it difficult to talk to him when he does not do much in the way of replying to me. Rather odd....because I usually never have any trouble getting someone engaged in a conversation....."teacher techniques", I guess....but they do not work with him!

And soooo, this morning, after a good sleep......I awakened worried. No pain, but....only the concern in my mind.....WHAT the hell happened????? That must have been a spot of blood on the new lens....right???? What the hell is going on?????

Soooo, I will close this for now, drink my morning's French Roast coffee, and wait until about 8:30, or perhaps I will call and leave a message for him to call me. Hmmmmm, wonder if he will do that? HIS concern yesterday morning was not very strong..........

I know that things can/could be worse, but when it involves MY EYE....THAT is bad enough for me! However........in the entire realm of horrible things........this may not be anything, so.....as always.......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: