Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thurs, Aug 19, 2010:.......??????

OK....my mind has been active since last night, when I knew it was time to put a few words on here.....and, just couldn't find those words anywhere. This morning???? Hmmmm........it is still just as difficult to "find those words"........WHY????

Perhaps it is the fact that here in TheHowserHouse, nothing really different has occurred since I wrote 48 hours ago. Have we settled into a boring Life here??? No....I think not as we do keep rather busy with each day, however..........as most of you know from experience there are some days when there is just not much happening that is worth trying to talk about......except just living Life!!!

Tuesday.......???? Can I find anything to relate that is newsworthy??? Not really.........no incredible dinners, no high vistas climbed or driven from which to take a grand photo, no illnesses to report, no new friends, or old friends, were seen.....other then our assistance with the Hanner House and Dave's recovery. We did take dinner out to them on Tuesday evening as Sue was working/teaching all day at the local community college.

Yesterday???? Well, I did have an appointment in Cape G. to have my one week exam from the latest cataract surgery. Everything is going really well.......and I have another appt. for the first Wed. after Labor Day for another exam, at which time I should be able to be tested for new reading glasses.

After the dilated eye came back into focus......and I could see, I went to Sears and purchased a new lawn mower.....one with the larger wheels on the rear as I have wanted since that is the type that our dying lawn mower has. After I returned to F'town, later in the afternoon Michael Goldsmith came over and took it out of the truck for me and put it into the garage. I am certain he probably has a strained back today....hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me!!!

Then the 1st Lady made a birthday cake for Dave Hanner and we took it out to them, along with ice cream, strawberries, and a small gift as yesterday was his 67th birthday. He is getting along well.....but sure he is getting tired of being "handicapped" and having to sit in his chair most of the time. The 1st Lady has been assisting with changing the wrappings on his hand and fingers for the past two days....as it is not really a one person job.

After visiting with them for a couple of hours, we returned here to the sticknbrick, watched a bit of TV.....and ended another plain old regular day.

I do want to try to attach a link to a shortened video of the HowserMusicFest that our photographer, Travis Duncan Photography of Jefferson City, MO, made for me....and everyone who wishes one. I have the DVD which is longer and more complete than what he has put online, but if you would like to watch.......please enjoy!!! Travis does absolutely incredible work.....he is definitely an artist with the camera!!!! He did send me a very large photo, matted and ready to frame of a time-lapsed series of pictures he took of me directing.....I will post that if I can get it transferred to here. OOPS...after checking I see that I have already posted that picture!!

http://vimeo.com/14098111

Check it out....OK????

And so.....two more days of my Life has slipped by.....DAMN, but they are going sooooo quickly!!!! How can we stop them from rushing by so rapidly?????? Is it happening to you, also???? Is TIME speeding up??? Why does it seem to do that when you/I reach this age of our lives......the 60's???????????? HELP, HELP.....stop it now!!!!!!

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: