Monday, August 09, 2010

Mon, Aug 9, 2010: Yep....it was a HOT one!!!

Nothing to terribly important occurred to me today.......

Went to my 9:30 morning appointment....the "pre-op" where I had my vision in the bionic eye tested......could see the smallest letters thrown up on the screen!!! Then the measurement of the left eye.......checking the size of the lens that will be needed. My eye was then dilated....about a 15 minute procedure....and this was the new eye they dilated......so Dr. Kinder could check to see if everything was OK inside there....and, it was! The entire appt. took over an hour.....whew!!!

When I came out of the bldg......the sun blinded me as I had left my dark glasses....those "Ray Charles" glasses in the truck....and so, with one bad eye and with one new eye that was dilated, I had to almost feel my way across and through the parking lot. OK.....once I got those glasses on, I was able to see, albeit like seeing things while swimming under water. Soooo......

I drove VERY slowly over to Starbucks and got my Grande Cappuccino and sat there for about an hour until I could see a wee bit better. Then I slowly drove the 50 miles back to the sticknbrick......not really a problem seeing by that time. Dropped off the prescription at Walmart for those $80 tiny, tiny bottle of eye drops...ins paid for $30 of that.....and then went back home.

The 1st Lady arrived about 7pm.....after having stopped in STL to visit with Dave Hanner in the hospital...and, with Sue, who is staying in STL this week. He will have surgery......to graft skin onto his arm and both hands....on Thursday.

My surgery reporting time is 11:40AM on Wednesday......much later than the first eye. I did beg to have one cup of coffee...and Dr. agreed but it has to be before 6AM!!!!! THAT will be a long, long wait from then until they start me "floating" above the bed.

Today.....it was 111 degrees with the heat index.....97 regular temperature....and, hotter tomorrow. WHEW.........absolutely HATE this weather!!!!!! Can't do a damn thing outside, it bothers me soooooo much.

OK....enough griping, bitching, complaining!!!! Because, all in all....as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: