Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Mon/Tue, Aug 2/3, 2010: Misery's Climate has already CHANGED!!!!

Yep......the heat is on....and it is no pleasant!!! Today, at one time when I checked this afternoon, it was 101 degrees with a heat index of 115!!!!! Needless to say......this sagging hulk of Me remained indoors today as much as possible......I just do NOT do heat/humidity well any more... my sagging self is sapped...surrounded by surreal serious temps!!!

Yesterday.....a clean up day around the sticknbrick and putting things away that the kids played with while they were here. Late morning, I returned to Lowe's the lawn mower which we had purchased last week....as we THINK we have found one that meets most of the specs that I have for the self-propelled mower......at Sears! Yep....they still do have some quality items...even though I have a feeling they may be fighting for their business Life these days.......there is never anyone in that huge store in Cape G anytime that I am there. Can't see how in the hell they manage to keep their doors open and pay their employees!!!??

The rest of the day was spent kicking back, relaxing(from what, you may ask?) and then we watched some tv shows evening. I had sliced up some very fresh peaches which we had purchased in Jackson, MO a few days ago.....sugared them a bit and let them sit for a few hours and then I put them over some delicious Breyer's Vanilla Ice Cream......and it was a great evening ending!!

Today, the 1st Lady left about mid-morning for her Mother's home........and I ran the vacuum on the two carpets which we have......and then just did some reading and took a nap this afteroon. As I said above......too damn hot for most men and beasts out there.....at least those that are already aging and sagging like Me!

We are having our lawn mowed by the cousin of the young man who lives across the street from us......Marcos and Whitney and two very cute children purchased the house over a year ago and made some improvements on it and are doing sooooooo much to keep the yard and their new landscaping looking great. Marcos' cousin is visiting from Mexico, not sure which state or city, and he accepted my offer for his services to mow the lawn.....no lawn mower in the sticknbrick and no mower who can tolerate the heat in this sticknbrick! Soooo, he is doing the job for me at the current temp of 98 degrees and 113 heat index!!!! Suppose he is used to those kinds of temps down there.....???

And soooo, tomorrow is to be even HOTTER, so......nope, I will not be out and about if I can help it!!! However, as always........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: