Friday, August 27, 2010

Fri, Aug 27, 2010: My Life is two days shorter than when I posted on here last.....

Yep....another two days......and those two days have been lost forever!!! You know.....I used to tell my students that they should consider a day a total loss unless they learned something knew each day!! Well......I kind of think that the past two days have been a total loss for me......because I am pretty damn sure that I didn't learn anything new on either day......or, as far as I know I didn't!

Yesterday???? Suppose I am going to have the use the "Notes" app on my iPhone to take notes about what I am doing, have done, on each day.....as yesterday sort of whizzed by rapidly. I did have lunch with a former student in a rather "new"....perhaps remodeled.....little cafe on the town square.....and....well, crap!!! I DID learn something new.......and that is to think twice before eating there again. I was NOT impressed.....it bills itself as a "seafood" type of place, but it is a remodeled bar/grill, however, the smoke of tens of thousands of cigarettes still lingers, even with the new painted walls and the nice pictures they have hung there......and the bar is still in the same room with only a half wall...waist-high....dividing the dining room from the bar. What is I heard the other day........having a smoking section in a restaurant within the same room as the dining area is like having a corner of a swimming pool as a place to pee in the water! I totally agree!!!! Anyway....the meal I had was below average......a Mexican type of fried enchilada with some type of "seafood"/mystery meat inside and then it was all drowned in a very heavy "sauce" which was more like thick chicken gravy!!!!! UGH........THAT particular item on the menu I will never order again. Another former student was in there....and she had ordered what appeared to be fried oysters.....and they LOOKED good, but I will have to ask her what she thought of them!

The afternoon drifted away quickly....as I was totally weighted down by that "sauce/gravy" which had drowned the main entree....and I could barely get off of the sofa all afternoon. The 1st Lady went to her first of the fall Beta Sigma Phi Sorority meeting with some of her friends....and was gone most of the evening. I enjoyed the tv....watching a combination of HGTV and the Food Channel most of the evening!

OH yes.....our next door neighbors were in a car accident yesterday morning on the way to Cape G for a doctor's appt. He is 84 and his wife is 83.....and they went off of the road and hit two trees and then rolled over, totaling their shiny red Cadillac!! She is in the hospital in Cape with some broken bones....and while he was not injured other than some scratches, he had some speech problems develop late in the afternoon and was then taken by ambulance to Farmington to be checked and watched carefully with tests being run to determine if it was a stroke or not.

Today?????? The 1st Lady left before noon to go sit with Dr. Jeni's three children this evening....and then she will go on to Monroe City on Sunday to spend a couple of days with her mother. Me??? I am here, putting in my eye drops and relaxing. I have finished the expensive bottle(?)....the second one that I have had to put in.....and these tiny little bottles are quite expensive. I took a picture of the size of these drops, but it didn't come out right so I will post it tomorrow.......but, take my word.....the bottle is no larger than the length of my house key!!! You'll see......and.....the drops cost $80 at Walmart!!!! At least my insurance takes care of most of it!!

This evening.....I went out to the Hanner House to visit with them....and to show them the DVD of the Howser Music Fest....the complete version. They were in awe of Duncan Photography's work on this......Travis is just amazing...such an artist!!!!

And sooooo, of the two days....yesterday I DID learn something new.....and today...well, I will consider it a total loss! However.......as always, even with "a total loss"......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: