Friday, August 06, 2010

Three days: Wed/Thurs/Fri: But....not much happening.....

Ahhhh,......I am going to combine three days into one post.........with my inactivity, I have not been doing very much, accented by the tremendous heat/humidity which we had been having.....my sagging hulk of Me has been vegitating in the coolness of TheHowserHouse sticknbrick!!!!

I did get the cousin of our neighbor from across the street to mow and take care of the lawn one evening this week. He did a super job, but I think it actually took him/them longer to do than they anticipated as it was dark by the time called it quits.......however, they got it finished and it was a great job.

Yesterday......I had a 10:15AM appt that was made by my eye doctor's staff to see an optometrist in Jackson.....and, after arriving there in time for my scheduled appointment and filling out TONS of paperwork....much more than any other physician's office......I was told it was not supposed to be there, but on into Cape G. at Lenscrafters where I normally get my glasses!!!!

Soooo, on I went to Cape G........where I was told to just be there anytime after 1:30pm. Soooo, I met with him, he checked my right eye's ability to do the chart on the wall.....could see all the letters and identify them correctly.....and then he dilated my right eye. Sooooo, this appointment ended an hour later.....after he did quite a bit of testing, looking, etc.....and said that everything was looking just fine inside my eye as well as the incision was healed pretty good. I then discussed the right eye being done next week......and so, we set another appt. for a week after that surgery.

Medicare paid for this appt. with the optometrist as it is part of the surgery......the checking and testing by him. Sooooo, with dilated eye, I crept back through Cape G.......and out onto the highway where I drove through the blurry countryside, hills and forest......and got home safely, albeit much longer than it usually takes. And for the rest of yesterday, I was still blurry until late evening.

Today......I did a bit of house work, cleaning the "new" (four years old "new") shower walls and floor to remove the soap scum which has building up for a while....and I knew that after next week it would be impossible for a couple of weeks to do it. Tomorrow......I am going to see Mike.....and when I return tomorrow afternoon......I have a ticket for a Democratic dinner with the candidate for US Congress from out district here in southeast MO. I haven't had the opportunity to meet and talk with him, so I am really looking forward to some one on one time with him, if at all possible.

And sooooo, that is the three days since I last wrote. The 1st Lady is gone, having left Tuesday and will not return until sometime on Monday........about the time the heat/humidity wave returns for the week....DAMN!!!!

Yesterday morning, we received word that a good friend of ours had passed away....quite quickly. She became ill a few days before our Cedar Creek Rally in Hannibal three weeks ago.....was hospitalized and diagnosed with Ovarian cancer.....and then as the days went by her body began to give out.....and she passed away at 3am yesterday. Soooooo QUICK!!!! It has been quite a shock to many of us in the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club......it all happened sooooo fast. She lived in Wisconsin and the services will be held there for her.......and, she was only 49 years of age!

But.......even with this shocking news.........here in the sticknbrick......as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

1 comment:

Lori Adams Anderson said...

Amazing outlook on life!! So loved reading your post this morning! Glad you are doing well with your eyes. Should you be driving yourself?? Wish we lived closer..I would have my husband take care of your lawn and I would drive you! LOL Have a great week!