Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tues/Wednesday: UGH.....get me to the RGV!!!!!

OMG......the typical Missouri/Misery November day finally arrived today........very dark with low clouds, chilly rains, and just damn dreary.......ohhhh my.....please get me down to the Rio Grande Valley in Texas!!!!!!!!!! Let those damn winds blow down there......it would still be 100 times better than today was!!!!

Sooooo, as to be expected.....we remained inside for most of the day, excluding only one trip out to the local grocery to pick up a few needed items for dinner tonight. We invited the Hanners over for drinks and dinner.......and, it proved to be a really great evening!!!!

The 1st Lady fixed a Chicken Tortilla Soup with lots of chile peppers, black beans, tomatoes, chicken breasts.....and OMG, did it ever taste like good hot comfort food for a chilly and damp evening outside. Just perfect!!!! We then played Rummikub for a couple of hours which was then followed by and apple/cranberry crumb cake with some dark rich coffee. Lots of laughs, lots of discussion about the great election results........and talk of our children, also.

Today......some great news!!!! A long time friend from our USAF days during the Viet Nam conflict that I had written to recently emailed me today and said his son lives within the Beltway of Washington, D.C.......and he has a new house and that I could stay there during the Inauguration in January!!!!! And, he(Bill) and his wife would join me there and attend the ceremonies together with me!!! WOW.....I have tried and tried for several days to find a hotel that is somewhat close to the D.C. area.....with no luck. Soooooo, this was incredible news!!!!! Now.....I just need to get flight reservations from Harlingen, Texas to D.C. and back to Texas. And......hope that my son, Jeremy, will be able to get some tickets to the Inaugural events in the city!!

And soooo, a great day with the above news......some shitty weather.....but, a very warm and fun-filled evening with our good friends. What more could you ask for???? As always, with great times like this......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: