Friday, November 28, 2008

A LONG day which began very early!

WOW....the alarm sure went off early this morning....4:15AM!!! And, by 5AM I was driving north to take Jeremy and Anne-Marie to the STL airport to catch their flight to Atlanta......a flight that left at 7:30, which meant that they had to check in by 6:30Am.

The first surprise of the day came as I head west to get on Hwy 67 north.....and I couldn't figure out why there was soooooo much traffice at 5am....and then realized when I reached the only stoplight in town, that EVERYONE was going to WALMART for the early morning sales!!!!! Looking over to the store, I could see the parking lot was completely full!! WOW......for some reason I just cannot imagine that our tiny little mini-Supermart could have had THAT many bargains before the sun was even beginning to brighten the eastern sky. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

By 6:30, I was letting them out in at the entrance to the Delta Airlines tickets counters.......and I was soon on the highway heading south. After one brief stop in Festus at the Panera Bread to get a pastry.....well, I got two of those delicious things......I arrived back at TheHowserHouse at 8:15......feeling like I had been up for hours and hours......instead of only four hours.

The rest of the day just flew by with a house full of grandchildren.....running and playing and having a great time. Becky and her brother, Brian, left for STL before I had returned from STL so I didn't get to see them today. During the afternoon I feel asleep on the sofa in the den and slept soundly for two hours......

After dinner, Dr. Jeni, Darrel and children went out to see their friends......and I enjoyed a visit from two former band students and friends......Andy and Betsy Matthews of north Chicago. It was really super to see them......having not been together for many years......and we had sooooo much catching up to do, as well as discussing soooooo many others who we all knew or who we wondered about. We really must do this more frequently!!!!! I really enjoyed the evening....and hope they can return again soon.

And sooooo, another day disappears in my Life......always wonder how many are left????!!! My tech problems are not solved yet.......hopefully Sunday afternoon?????? But......not matter what..........as always....

LIFE IS INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: