Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TUESDAY: Continued Tech Problems....!

A great day outside.....WOW!!!! Chilly but sunny without any actual wind....wish I could have been outside......enough said!

OK....after the morning rituals, the dark and rich French Roast coffee I began the wait for the "tech man" to arrive DirecTV......supposed to be between 8am and 12noon. Ok.....around 8:45, DirecTV called me and said the tech service guy would be there late this morning. Soooo, I kept waiting....and then around 9:30, "he" called and said it would be around noon before he would be here.

Needing some propane refilled in one of my bottles in TheHowserHouse on-wheels, I took the bottle out, went to the propane office and had it refilled, forgetting to take a checkbook since they do not accept credit cards(small town and a bit regressive). Nevertheless, it is filled and I will return tomorrow with the check for them.....

Back at the stick and brick, I continued the wait........and continued the wait......and continued.....and finally, about 1pm, he arrived. A nice guy......but after tackling my problem for a bit over two hours, trying different things including installing a complete new HD/DVR receiver, nothing could solve the problem of the non-HD channels being sooooo blurry, like looking through goggles under water in a pool or lake. Eventually, he just said there was nothing he knew to do.....????? I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!

Tomorrow, down to Heartland Satellite and talk with them about the cables being used. This evening I got online to our RV forums....RV.NET and the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club.....and received about twenty suggestions/thoughts/ideas/etc. Several suggested that the cables that enter the house from outside need to be changed......??? Not knowing anything....please remember I'm the first person to say that I am technologically challenged.......I will try to talk my way through this problem at Heartland Satellite, explaining what I had sent to me online this evening............ Hmmmmm.......what a situation this is........but, as my luck as gone this past few days/weeks.......I shouldn't be surprised, should I?????

The 1st Lady returned this afternoon.........LOVED the new fridge and how it makes the kitchen look so "all together".......and then try to wade through everything that has happened with the satellite problems. And, like me......she couldn't wade through without drowning!

Tomorrow.....the stick and brick will begin to fill up with immediate family members. I have to go to STL to pick up Jeremy/Jay and Anne-Marie(of Mobile, Alabama), being there by 6pm when their plane arrives from Atlanta. I learned today that their flight back to Atlanta LEAVES at 7:30AM Friday.......UGH!!!! THAT will be an EARLY, EARLY run into the city, still overloaded with turkey and trimmings! Dr. Jeni/Darrel, and Meghan, Ava, and Max will arrive after dinner tomorrow evening, and then on Thursday Becky, Rachel, and Brian from Cape G. will arrive in time for a mid-afternoon dinner. We will be using TheHowserHouse for extra sleeping areas......the reason for the propane refill today!

And soooo, another frustrating day.......and still not solution. ANYONE have ANY ideas???????
However,.........there are many who would love to just have these type of problems instead of the problems of just their day to day living, sooooooo for me....I do know that.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: