Monday, November 17, 2008

Sun/Monday: Away again....just not a journey..

Yesterday morning, after the Sunday morning talk shows....I put a few personal things into my bag...and drove down to Cape Girardeau. My daughter-in-law's father has had surgery and she needed to attend to him in STL, so I am taking care of my granddaughter......who is mature enough to take care of herself, but just a bit young to stay alone(5th grader).

The afternoon was spent in relative quiet here at their home. I did some reading online.....and before too long it was time to fix a bite to eat for Rachel and her uncle, Becky's brother who also lives with them. He is a special young man....and he has come a long, long way with the special needs that he has to live with. I fixed a couple of frozen pizzas and that satisfied all three of us......as we waited for "60 Minutes" to watch President-Elect Obama and the new to-be-1st Lady of the land. WHAT a relaxed and enjoyable interview that was!!!!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE from the past 8 years of a leader who had difficulty putting together intelligent and complete sentences!

Today......Rachel was up....her own alarm clock went off at 6:30am.....and she had had breakfast, on her own, by 7am! I took her to school at 7:30.........and she happily trotted off and up the sidewalk to her school building.

Back at their home.....I took care of my morning rituals and had some more French Roast coffee...I brought my own coffee AND coffee maker as Becky does not use coffee(can't imagine Life without that dark, rich elixer of Life). Then about mid-morning, I went over to the Supermart and picked up some ground beef and a few other things for supper.......planning on broiled hamburgers wrapped in hickory smoked bacon, fried potatoes, and some corn. After shopping, I went to the local Cape mall and was soon involved in sipping some wonderful cappuccino while thumbed through several new magazines about Modern Bathrooms, etc., etc.....getting a few ideas about what we might do with the bathroom footprint that we have to work with. I spent about an hour or more there......and then went back to the house.

I picked up Rachel at 3:15........and by 6:30, we had all three had supper with some great broiled burgers as I mentioned above. After the clean-up.....the evening was well on its way and before long, Rachel decided to hit the bed......a few minutes earlier than usual.

Tomorrow???? She has an early....7:15AM.....rehearsal with a special music group that she was selected for.....and after I drop her off, it is a quick trip back out into the hills to F'town as the DirecTV installer will be there to get the wiring of the house done, install the necessary receivers/boxes and put the dish up on the roof. Then......back down to Cape by 3:15 to pick up Rachel. She then has to be at the CivicCenter by 5pm to get registered for a basketball program offered there.

And sooooo, you now get an idea of what my Life is like this week???? Not bad.....and just really GREAT to spend a bit of time with Rachel!!!!!!!!! Such....SUCH a lovely young lady who is mature well beyond her years.....WOW!!!!!!

OK......you know how I feel about my positive Life, don't you? No matter how things can turn and cause some problems...and we all have eperienced those times, haven't we?.......I still know that.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: