Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday: Clouds, sun, damp, and blustery winds all day long...

Yep.....it was a varied weather day.....guess that makes it more interesting, huh?? I was up fairly early as I had been told that our new stainless steel fridge would be delivered, set up, and the old moved sometime this morning. Hmmmm.....so what the hell does that mean, I thought last night as I put myself into a very comfortable horizontal layout. Soooo, not knowing I set the alarm........and.......

I was up at 7am.....morning rituals completed.....and some freshly ground French Roast coffee to start off my day. Aching for some bright sunshine, I opened up all of the drapes and then even turned on some lights.....I needed that!!! And, so....at 8 I began calling Sears...no answer. I called at that time because I did the same thing on Saturday....and someone answered at that time. By shortly after nine, I reached someone and...Yes, it would be delivered this morning.

Sooooo, I asked if they would call me as to when they were leaving Farmington.....as I DID have lots of things to move out of the old fridge and store on the countertops in the kitchen.....and hope that the frozen items stayed frozen. Finally, at around 11:30...the two deliverers/installers arrived.....and immediately went to work. The house front door had to be taken off the hinges....and after two hours, everything was complete and the truck drove down the street. Hurrying I began to move everything back into the new fridge, filling the bottom drawer freezer first. It looks really nice and certainly does have LOTS more room than the old one which is now living nicely in the garage for any "overflow" of food that needs to be kept cool.

I am still depressed, pissed, and totally at a loss to understand why the picture on BOTH tellies is sooooooo shitty!!!!! The only good pic is on the HD channels....and the rest remind me of YEARS ago when everything was slightly blurry like it must look like when a person has cataracts!! HORRIBLE!!! I am very anxious for the technician from Direct to arrive in the morning........I have seen tons of tellies that are using Direct and none....NONE....have such a shitty picture. There HAS to be something not installed correctly.......HAS TO BE!!! And....if he cannot get a good clear picture when not watching the HD channels.....than this damn thing can be un-installed and my Charter cable re-installed.

The 1st Lady is returning tomorrow morning.......she will have been gone for 10 days...and now she has to get her rear in gear to get ready for Turkey Day and the traditional dinner. Our son, Jeremy.....he called this afternoon and said he and Anne-Marie are flying into STL late on Wednesday afternoon and will have to fly back on Friday morning......to Atlanta. Just coming up for Turkey Day and the dinner.......and that is GREAT!!!!!

AND....the good news is that my name is on the list to get a ticket for the swearing in ceremonies of the Inaugural!!!! Now....just keep hoping it all works out so that I can get a close-up(??) viewpoint. A couple of more things that I must complete.....and that is the decision to either rent a car and drive from Philly to D.C. area, or to just come down on the train. Leaning to doing the train.....as what the hell do I do with a car....can't drive it into the city with upwards of 4 MILLION people expected, but then the Metro will be packed also. Perhaps I should just stay downtown when I arrive on the train and just "camp" on the streets until morning......but then what the hell do I do with my carry-on luggage.......as I will have to go through security to get anywhere near all of the Inaugural events. Problems....problems!!!

Ahhhhh......another day........and that makes one less day of my life to hang out here! But, you know.......even with all of the problems of technology that I have been "enjoying".......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: