Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Tue/Wed, June 1/2, 2010: Not what I wanted to re-occur....

Yesterday.....the four of us went into Invermere to look around, check out the shops, and enjoy looking over the area on such a cloudy and drizzely day. We did this....and discovered some interesting shops and boutiques, as well as a nice large grocery store where we purchased some items for the dinners and snacks for this week.

Stopping at a provincial run liquor store we check out their wine offerings.....and, OMG.....the prices are soooo high......something I forgotten since we were last in Canada almost two years ago....in Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia. Each bottle that I normally might purchase since I am familiar with the brand and their good year(s), was anywhere from $6 -$11 higher here!!!!!!!!!! WOW....that is quite a difference!!!! Soooo, I held down my purchases to only one bottle..........no doubt about that!

Returning to the condo......we relaxed for a while and then Doug and I fixed some super hamburgers, a mushroom/garlic/onion dressing for the burgers, and a few other salad items for the burgers. GREAT response from the 1st Lady and Diane.....they like them!!!!!

Then, even though it was just raining lightly, we grabbed the umbrellas and took a walk along the highway, crossed over the short bridge over the stream that is the Columbia River here. Narrow, but moving quickly down from the towering, surrounding mountain range to the east of this Windemere Valley. I paused to look at it a bit......remembering just how huge it is as it moves south to the border and on into the northwest states to later empty into the Pacific.

We spent a bit of time at one of the sister condo complexes........looking around and enjoying the brief respite from the misty rains as we sat in their Rec Hall/Club House. A gorgeous building on various levels allowing many visuals of the mts. and the surrounding homes and the golf course.......the lawns and course showing such thick green grass. A bit later we ambled back to our condo, walking on the pathway across the golf course that is just outside our patio door.......soooo green and peaceful!!!!

And then.....a game of Canasta, which the ladies won. Doug and I had beat them last while we wee down in the RGV of Texas last February. And soooo, off to bed I went......

TODAY/WEDNESDAY: Rising about 7am, I made coffee in our separate apartment suite of their condo....and then I realized that my teeth were still really hurting this morning. They had been bothering me all day yesterday off and on......and, have been for several days. But........we left here in the late morning......a morning filled with heavy clouds.....and drove up into the mts. to locate a specific hiking path. Not a N.Park, nothing was marked well.....and we actually got close, but the Town and Country van does not have four wheel drive and we couldn't got up any higher with the mud being very close to the small bit of gravel that was laying on top of it. Soooo, we turned around....CAREFULLY......which took many times of pulling forward and then backing again before we headed oh-sooo-slowly down the mountain road.

We headed north, back up to Invermere On the Lake.........and attempted to locate another hiking path.......these paths being in a book which Doug purchased yesterday. Well......the book is a couple of years old......and now there are new subdivisions being built.....and so, it was not possible to reach the path. We did have a light lunch which we had packed....and four good size Mule Deer stood nearby and observed us as we ate.

About that time my teeth began to REALLY go crazy......and soooo, we stopped at a local dentist to see about getting in to see the Dr. I had called my urology doctor this morning to try to find a med that wouldn't render my Uroxatrol....(plumbing pills)...totally useless, which puts me into much, much misery. Well, he said we would need to ask a pharmacist. I ask a local pharmacist, but he couldn't tell me because my dentist is not certified for Canada!!!!! Soooo, we reached my daughter-in-law, Becky.....and she called to get a med that would work in conjunction with my other med. Then......I was going to call Dr. Jeni to fax a script up here, but then found out that they not take it from her....not certified up here.

Sooooo, at a standstill......I discussed this with the dentist in Invermere. He checked my teeth and, like Dr. Haas, could find NOTHING wrong.......but the pain has been so intense that I could barely manage. It does not stay in one localized area, but goes up to the top teeth and then to the bottom ones.........soooo, the dentist went ahead and wrote the script for the med that Becky had located......and he said that is should do the job. To the pharmacy I went....and the pharmacist was quite nice, agreed it should not be a problem with the Uroxatral.....and soon I had seven strong pain pills.....one per day, every 24 hours. Now.....we'll see. I took one at 4:30.....and by the time dinner was finished.....I was hurting sooooo much that I didn't think I could stand it any longer.......went into the bedroom and laid on the bed for almost two hours.....and then, it slowly slid away. Two hours have now gone by.....and not REAL pain. All of this certainly did not need to occur.....again.....while we are up here!!!!!!! It is certainly creating a problem with our plans here in this gorgeous valley......and creating problems for Doug and Diane on their week's stay in their condo!!!!!! Tomorrow?????? My fingers are crossed!!!!!!!

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: