Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mon/Tue, June 14/15, 2010: Been a couple of difficult days......

Yesterday morning.....I was up and had a cup of coffee...and by 8:10, I was on my way to Dr. Jeni's dental facilities....as my appointment for xrays and to have my teeth cleaned was set for 8:30am. As often happens.....last week a lightning strike hit the dental building and caused some computer issues......so, when I arrived the computers were down again. However......they were soon up and going....I filled out the necessary paperwork...and soon, I was ushered into the room for the above mentioned procedues.

Two hours later......I was finished........for the morning!!!! It took quite a bit of time for my teeth to be cleaned....and to get more xrays taken for their records and for the upcoming procedure that had been scheduled at 3:30pm. Sooooo, I headed by out to Dr. Jeni's home and spent the next few hours playing with the grandkids, and just kicking back and not doing much of anything. My teeth were a bit on edge after the intense cleaning that I had.....and my real problem tooth in the lower left rear of my mouth was starting to ache a bit.

Returning to her offices about 3:15.....I was soon ushered back into the room for this continuation of the root canal which was started in Invernmere, British Columbia two weeks ago. Well.........as Dr. Jeni and her assistant got into my mouth, they soon discovered that the work that was begun in Canada was good, but there was much more to do. And.....the ordeal than began......ugh. Shots, and many pieces of equipement went into my mouth, not to exit until a bit more than two hours later. It was a much more complicated procedure than is usually needed for a root canal........a unique tooth I have.....and, I suppose it just goes along with my evolving body. To say the least.........I was totally wiped out by the time I returned to Dr. Jeni's home!!!!!!! Four hours with people crawling around in my mouth with tons of equipment during the two sessions today.....well, my bad tooth was really sore.....REALLY sore.

And.....after an early time for my falling into bed.......this morning...my tooth and jaw were really hurting!!!!!! Dr. Jeni said that it would be sore and hurting since she had to go in so deep and at such odd angles to get the job done.........and she was certainly right. Ibuprofen I swallowed every three hours all day today......and this evening it does seem to be a bit better.

I left Dr. Jeni's home about 10:30 this morning, and with only a coffee stop.....and some REALLY slow crawling on I-55 south where they are resurfacing the highway......I arrived home about 1:45 this afternoon.....much longer than usual. HOT....HUMID.....STEAMY......bests describes the weather here in F'town today!!

The storms rolled through all afternoon......heavy rain and hot sun shortly after the storm clouds moved east.......and, then it would come again with more dark clouds and shortly afterwards...the hot sun!!! And......I never left the inside of TheHowserHouse all afternoon. I napped, rested, and this evening I am beginning to feel more like myself. The problem tooth is not giving me fits any more, even though there IS more work to be done on it......it needs to be capped, and perhaps filed a bit more?!

Tomorrow morning.....Goldie will be coming over for coffee and a discussion about many topics, I'm sure. The predictions for days in the 90's for the next week or more does not sound enticing, to say the least.

However, as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: