Friday, June 04, 2010

Thurs, June 3, 2010: Part of me was killed this afternoon......

OMG......a good night's sleep, but after being up and on my feet at 7am this morning.......my head just about exploded in pain from the horribly painful toothache that began and moved quickly to the unbearable stage!!!!! By 9AM....I couldn't talk, was rolling in bed...and no pain killers would even touch it. Soooo, the 1st Lady called the dentist from yesterday afternoon......and they said they would work me in at 10:50 this morning.

The 1st Lady and Diane had planned to take a hike with a group from the resort we are staying in, so Doug drove me and my mouth which was in such pain, into Invermere and the dentist's office. I was taken in immediately......and after more picking, more tapping, and many xrays, including a panorama xray of my entire mouth, he decided to freeze my bottom teeth completely and then see if the pain would continue,.....if so, it had to be the tooth in the top row. Soooo, after about 7 shots, I was numb....in many ways......and I left the dentist's office. We drove back to the resort....and I felt soooooo damn great: NO PAIN!!!!!!!!!

I had a bite of lunch......and then we just hung out until about 3pm.....and Doug drove me back into Invermere to the dentist. Again......I didn't have to wait very long at all and soon was back in the dreaded chair. I discussed with him that I had no pain all afternoon, so we both decided it was the tooth on the bottom row that was the main problem. Then....a discussion about root canal or just have it pulled......and I opted for the root canal. Sooooo, he quickly set to work....and after about 45 minutes I was done. Many shots, much work, scraping, picking, drilling, more drilling, and more drilling and more shots......and I walked out of there a bit after 5pm.

THE BILL??????????? Today's work, including all of the many, many shots, xrays, both times in the office, and the main work for the root canal......the killing of my tooth......all totalled was:
$323.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!!! I just couldn't believe how inexpensive....how cheap it was!!!!!! And.....the dentist was first rate....brand new offices and state of the art equipment with such friendly help there.......UNREAL!!!!! Dentists in British Columbia are a fee schedule, so they all charge almost the same low prices!!!!! Plus......I was worked in soooo easily on this emergency.......with such kind and friendly staff!!!!! I AM SOOOOO IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!! Hurray for CANADA!!!!!!!!

Back to the resort condo we came......and the girls had a great dinner prepared....a lovely mixed salad and some incredible stuffed peppers, accompanied by garlic bread and wine (I had to skip the wine with the amoxicillin that I am taking)......it was just super!!!!!!

Following the lovely dinner as we overlooked the green, green golf course and the Columbia River winding by our condo and through the golf course, we decided to go up the side of the mt. to see the Hot Springs for which Fairmont is famous. A nice hike and some great scenery was there, along with the large hot springs and falls!!! GREAT evening!!! And, I STILL FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!

As always......(well, last night was the exception).......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you are finally feeling better. Toothaches are such a pain!

Maybe the high cost of wine there is paying for some of the medical and dental care which seems so cheap?