Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thurs, June 17, 2010: HOT, Sticky, Humidity HIGH!!!!

Hmmmm.......I had several emails and calls about my wee bit of a post yesterday. Oh yeah....I am OK....just seems that a few things have interrupted my Life in the past few weeks.....and the sagging hulk of Me is just not used to these types of things happening......at least not all within a few short days of each other.

I just sort of hung out here at the sticknbrick yesterday. I still had some degree of soreness from the root canal...not just the tooth but also my entire jaw from having to keep it open for such a long time. I did get out and mow most of the lawn yesterday, beginning about 7pm and mowing until 8:45pm. I felt the need to get it done before the predicted rains might arrive, as the grass was deep and thick....and it retains moisture sooooo easily which then presents some major difficulties in getting it cut properly.

This morning.....TODAY....I was exhausted. I kept waking up in the middle of the night with the deep rumbles of thunder and the flash of the lightning slipping past our bedroom draperies.....not the rest I desperately needed. Soooo, it took me a few hours to come alive, sipping my French Roast coffee as I sat and read the newspapers online, as well as catching up with some letter writing.

As for the rest of today.......nothing really occurred in my Life. The 1st Lady is still up in NE Misery at her mother's home....probably will return this weekend. I did some reading, called our dental insurance company to get some forms mailed to me so I can send in the bills for my dental appointments/xrays/procedure while I was up in Canada, and then called my urologist office to see if the PSA results were back. They later returned my call and gave me the very good news that nothing has changed......and it is completely normal!! THAT is good!

After a quick bite of supper, following a couple of glasses of my dark red medicine......I went back out to the lawn and finished the bit that I didn't do last night do to the darkness which descended on the sticknbrick with the cloud cover. It only took about 20 minutes, quite a bit less than the 2.5 hours I sweat and cursed and silently thought about selling the sticknbrick and buying a condo where I wouldn't have to mow the lawn on such god-awful hot days as it was yesterday evening.

Tomorrow.....our posponed meeting of the sagging hulk of Me and Michael Goldsmith. We will be having lunch together.......and then at 2pm, a former F'town student who is now a band director in north STL is going to drop by to chat for awhile. Don't think I have seen him since before Christmas, so I am anxious to spend some time and to hear how Life is going for him and his family!!!

Sooooo, my tooth appears to be fine now...no soreness....not need to swallow some pain killers every few hours.......now just the problem of trying to see clearly......because I cannot "see forever on a clear day", never mind a cloudy/foggy one! But....as usual......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: