Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thurs, June 24, 2010: An EARLY beginning to a nicer day!!

Yesterday just slipped by me without even noticing it was here.....I don't know why, but it just did. Soooo, if I didn't notice it, then you surely will not be upset that I have nothing to write about....eh??? (perhaps you didn't notice it either??)

Oh yeah....I guess I did do something.....I mowed the lawn, beginning around 7pm....and hurrying to do as much as I could, I managed to finish all but the north end by 8:45pm, drenched, stinky, slippery, and exhausted!!!! A quick COLD shower helped all of that considerably.

Last night about 11pm, just as I was going to bed, still tired from the mow job,(that's with an "m").....the 1st Lady mentioned that we WERE going to go pick blueberries early today. OK....I thought, she will probably change her mind....WRONG!!! I got up and 6:30, made my coffee, and settled in to do my morning reading of the NY Times, the Washington Post, STL Post-Dispatch, and a few others, and there she appeared all ready to go!!! Soooo, I managed to paste my 67 hairs down to the top of my head....no time for a shower....and off we went.

There is a blueberry farm about 10 miles north of here and about three years ago we picked a lot of berries and they were quite good. Soooo, we drove up there and we were definitely NOT the first pickers to arrive.....there must have been 20 vehicles already there....and as I looked out across the berry bushes, I could see people in the rows of bushes doing what they came there to do....picking blueberries.

Well, we picked up our pails.....the owner told us that they each would hold about 8 lbs. of berries....and off we went up the paths between the rows and rows and rows and rows of blueberry bushes. And, finally we decided to stop and begin to pick for ourselves. WELL......it certainly did not take very long for each of us to have a bucket full of the tasty berries. About an hour.....and we were finished. Returning to the little berry building, our blueberries together weighed between 15 and 16 pounds!!!! That is a LOT of blueberries!!!! And...the total bill was $30 and a bit of change.....$2 and change per pound. MUCH better than purchasing them in the local Walmart....and these are fresh and delicious.

Soooo, returning to the sticknbrick, the 1st Lady spent most of the very nice day freezing the berries and then sealing with the vacuum sealer and putting them in the freezer. Me???? I watched for awhile and then I spent most of the day cleaning the sticknbrick. Except.......

The rubber band thingy on the vacuum.....the name escapes me right now......broke and so, off to Walmart I went. WELL....wouldn't you know it!!!!!! A couple of months ago, even though they sell many various kinds of vacuum cleaners, they QUIT stocking and selling the filters and the rubber thingys that turn the brush on the vacuum. NOW WHAT IN THE DAMN WORLD MADE THEM DECIDE TO DO THAT?????????????????????? What kind of a stupid, dumb ass kind of person would not have the replacement parts.....two little items.....for the vacuum cleaners that they KNOW have to have replaced frequently?????????????????? WHAT kind of a managerial decision was that???????????????????? I was soooooo flankety-flank angry..and, for that matter, I still am flankety-flank mad!!!!!! (Can you tell???)

Today....guess what? It never reached 90 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW.....how long has it been since it has not done that here in F'town?????? But, tomorrow is a different day with high temps once again forecast so that we cannot enjoy the outside. This evening the 1st Lady and I actually had a nice cup of tea.....and some wonderfully warm and just made FRESH blueberry scones.....while we sat out on the patio and watched the beautiful colors as the sun set behind the trees.....a wonderful evening.

Tonight....LATE.....or, sometime in the morning, Jeremy and Anne-marie are coming to visit for a few days. They have been in Mobile, AL for a week or so as this is the week her Dad's side of the family gets the beautiful southern home on the Bay of Mobile for their entire family. It is a shared summer home for each member of the family and with their children/spouses,and grandchildren. Soooo, I know they have had a great time there as it is such a lovely, lovely old southern styled home on the waterfront. We were there to see it during the social activities the week Jeremy and Anne-marie were married.......just lovely!!!

And, soooo just as always.......

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: