Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tues, June 22, 2010: Update.....

OK.....I waited until today to write because.....wellllll, yesterday I had the strangest damn thing occur....and since it was ANOTHER health issue, I decided to wait until this morning to see how this issue was going, sooooo.......

Yesterday morning, I climbed, dragged myself out of bed because I had not slept since 2AM.....the reason??? I went to bed night before last with a really painful "hurt" on the front of the shin of my right leg. When I went to bed I tried to think backwards ....wondering if I had hit it somewhere during the afternoon/evening. Couldn't really remember anything I had to done to bring on this "hurt". THEN.....I awoke at 2am.....and not only was that same hurt there, but behind my knee those muscles/tendons were soooo tight I couldn't straighten out my leg. Sooooo.....no sleep, except those hazy periods when you almost drift off, but your mind keeps thinking.....soooo, by morning I was exhausted and just knew that I probably had a blood clot. Yep......one always thinks the worst things possible in the darkness of the night!

Sooo, I could barely walk when I did drag myself out of the bed.....I hobbled around, could not stretch out my leg....and the spot on my shin was still hurting. Got into the shower and stood there trying to stretch out my leg........and heat and "steam" seemed to help that problem. Then the spot on my leg that was hurting sent away...............???

Talking with the 1st Lady, she suggested getting my leg elevated and putting an ice pack under the back of the knee......which is did for.........5 five hours, replacing the melted ice, of course. When I would get up......it seemed a bit better, and the spot.....not visible at all.....that hurt would just come and go with the hurting part. STRANGE???!!!!

The 1st Lady returned to the sticknbrick.....and I continued to keep the ice under it. By evening......the "stiffness" was pretty much gone, but the "spot" hurt....now and then.....??? I took some ibuprofen before going to bed last night......and VOILA!!!!! This morning, my leg is just like it should be.....dry skin, wrinkled skin, hairy, and NO pain or stiffness!!!!!!!

Did I dream all of this all day yesterday?????? Is this Tuesday????? What the hell??????!!!!!

However, if you can ignore the horredous heat and humidity and steamy, no breeze, weather we are having today.......I am just as I have always been....a sagging hulk of Me!!!! No pain!!!

Soooo, coffee and newspapers and draperies pulled to keep out the sun/heat today. All is well with my aging body, or at least as well as it will ever be at this age!!!

LIFE IS JUST REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: