Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sat/Sun, June 12/13, 2010: Two days of.....not much.

Yesterday,the 1st Lady and went down to Cape G.......visited with Becky and Rachel and then we went to see Mike during the morning. Returning to Cape, the 1st Lady and I did some shopping in the mall......Old Navy had some incredible bargains for fleece-lined hooded jackets for UNDER $5.00!!!!!! We bought a couple as well as a couple of hooded sweatshirts for only $3.00 each.

To Sam's we went.....and came out with tons more than we actually needed......but, isn't that always the case when you go there or to Walmart??? Something about their marketing techniques which pushes your mind to buyng just what you really do not need.......

Home again, it was about 7pm.........and so, the evening went quickly.

Today, we were up and left the house....a wee bit later than we had planned.....for Dr. Jeni and Darrel's home in the Washington-New Haven, MO area.......a very wooded 5 acres within a wooded subdivision. We arrived about 1pm.........and it wasn't long before everyone was in their large pool....enjoying the grandchildren, including Max.....who dearly loves the water!!!!

This afternoon, as do all afternoons and days.....disappeared really quickly. Darrel grilled some pork chops, a grilled some asparagus and mushrooms.....and Dr. Jeni had purchased some incredible very sweet fresh corn on the cob......and we really did enjoy that......really, really good.

Tomorrow, I have an appt at 8:15AM to have my teeth cleaned at Dr. Jeni's dental building......and then at 4pm, she will continue the work that was begun in Fairmont Hot Springs, British Columbia, on my root canal. I have been having some "stirrings" in the tooth....it is not completely "dead", and from time to time I have had to take some pain killers.....THANK GOD, it is not the horredous pain that I experienced in Fairmont!!!!! THAT was unbearable!!!!

IF I feel OK when she is finished with me, then I will probably return to F'town.....the 1st Lady is remaining her with her car and will then go on to her mother's home tomorrow afternoon and be there for the rest of the week. (I brought my truck up here today).

Speaking of driving.....I neglected to relay to you the cost of fuel in Alberta and British Columbia........in Edmonton, Alberta.....the average cost that we saw on the signs was about 87 cents per litre.....or, about $3.48 Canadian for a gallon of gas. In British Columbia, in the resort area where Doug/Diane's condo is located, the average price we saw was about $1.10 per litre!!!!! $4.40 Canadian per gallon!!!! A wee bit on the pricey side, to say the least.

I REALLY appreciate all of you who have made comments on here, public and private.....and all of you who have written emails and those of you who have called me.....to discuss your experiences with cataract surgery. And........each one tells a different story, with the exception that each of you have had great success with this procedure and can see much, much better from what you have told me....GREAT!!!!! And.....each one has had different lengths of time when you were not allowed to lift and, in some case, to travel very soon. Different stories from all of you.....and that is just super, as it gives me a some perspective as to what I can expect. THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

And so..........tomorrow is that dreaded dental day......but, the end of the road with this root canal might be visible by 5pm tomorrow.......sure it won't get done tomorrow completely. And.....as always.......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: