Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sat and Sun: Mar 27 and 28, 2010: What can I say.....?????

Sat:

WOW......I had to get my sagging hulk of Me out of the bed and ready to open the front door for the piano movers......."sometime between 8am and 12 noon".....was the time they said they would arrive! However, at right about 8:30 I heard a vehicle door close, looked outside and there was the St. Louis Piano Movers Co truck sitting in front of the house.......and, this rather old looking woman approaching the front door.

Yep.....it was them!!!! And....."them"....means only TWO people, a young man of about 20 years old and this lady who was in her 50's, to say the least......and who turned out to be the mother of the young man! Well......I was abit taken back as I expected more people to move my baby grand piano from our house to their truck. WRONG!!!! It was going to be only these two people of varying ages and health to move my HEAVY piano!!

Well......wrong I was in my thinking......they were QUITE COMPETENT!!!!! It took them almost two hours to pack each part of the piano: piano top/lid, bench, three legs, small parts, pedals.....and each item was packed in those thick and heavy furniture pads, taped, and ID'd all parts to arrive at Dr. Jeni's home. The reason???????? This is a national piano moving company and they travel all over the country picking up pianos, moving them to their LARGE warehouse in Sullivan, MO, and then loading them again in the semi-trucks that are going in the direction that that various pianos are being shipped to.......AMAZING!!!! I had no idea it was such a huge operation. However.......with only the two of these people, they turned that piano on it's side, removed the legs/pedals, etc......and in less than two hours it was in the truck with many, many other pianos from as far away as Florida.......where this truck load of pianos began picking up pianos and ours was the very last one on the truck.

And sooooo, after 30 years or so, it was on it's way to Dr. Jeni's home and the use of my grandchildren there as they take piano lessons. Rachel, our other granddaughter living in Cape G. already has a piano.....and has been taking lessons for almost a year. Will I miss it????? Probably, but not daily. Only perhaps around Christmas time when I did play it from time to time. But......it is time to pass it on to those who can use it every day.....and not just once in a while.

The rest of the day??????? I spent it in the RV.....CLEANING!!!!!! I cleaned the fridge, took out all shelves, and washed every down closely....using a toothbrush and anti-mildew sprays to really get down in the cracks to clean it up. Most of my efforts were in the kitchen, however, I now have to do the bedroom and the den/living room. THAT will be tomorrow, I hope.

Last night......a bit of tv......and some reading of items/mags that I am behind on reading. And then....off to bed!

SUNDAY:

This morning, the alarm clock awakened me at 6AM.....and after the morning rituals, we were soon on our way out the door and soon driving down to Cape G. We spent the morning with Becky and in visiting Mike until shortly after lunch. In Cape, we stopped at Sam's Club....and then after buying more than we had anticipated purchasing, we returned to F'town about 4pm......and soon we had a small lite supper.......and I have been watching the Amazing Race......a show that I have watched for years....and still love it!!

It was cool, rainy, and windy today, but tomorrow????? Clear and bright and the temps in the low 60's, however......as the week progresses, it should rise to the middle 70's......FINALLY......YEAH!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

And....with that good news........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: