Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday, Mar 29, 2010: Beautiful day......for working!

Ahhh......this morning I was really excited by the gorgeous day that was forecast....and my excitement continued all day!!! Yep......bright blue sky, a few winds, and the temps rising to the low 60's!!! WOW......could Spring actually be here???

Soooo, what work did I do today???? By mid-morning, after the morning rituals and the most important part......my French Roast coffee.......I opened up the RV...and began to finish the job of getting it cleaned, swept, tiles washed, bathroom cleaned, sinks cleaned, screws tightened all throughout the interior(LOTS of them inside), heat vents in the floors were vacuumed out with all of the dust bunnies and pennies/dimes/toothpicks that had managed to hide in there, .....and, other odds and ends which needed to be completed inside so that when the time does come to go again, it WILL be ready...inside. Outside......well, that needs to wait until next week when the temps will be in the mid-70's.....so we have been told!

And, believe it or not, this took most of the remainder of the day! I was not hurrying.....it was just too nice to start watching a clock to make sure I had enough time to finish everything.......it didn't really matter as I have next week to complete it. I even got most of the basement storage emptied and put away!!!

And.....late this afternoon, the 1st Lady decided to leave tomorrow to go visit her mother, along with me.....and also have a small visit with Dr. Jeni and Darrel and the kids. Then.......Darrel called and we are going to run by their country home tomorrow, as the piano which was in our living room is to be delivered tomorrow afternoon and he has to run down to Nashville, TN and won't be back until late tomorrow night. Sooooo, I saw the piano go out my door......and tomorrow I will see it brought back into Dr. Jeni and Darrel's home....and set up there. Hmmmm.......interesting how this all worked out!

I desperately need to get my 67 hairs on my head trimmed tomorrow morning before we go, but I can almost place a bet that there will not be enough time to get it done! We need to be at their home by 2pm....and it takes about 2.5 hours to drive up there. Then....I think we will drove on up to Monroe City tomorrow evening......perhaps!

Late afternoon, I spent a couple of hours working on the Picasa Web Album for the wedding pictures......adding a ton of them to that album, so if you received an invitation to view this web album a few weeks ago......return and check out the ones that I have placed in there.......trying to get them in order, but not entirely successful! Below is the link to what I hope will take you to the Wedding Album online in my Picasa albums.

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnhowser1943/JaySWeddingWeek#

This evening we were surprised as our good friends, Sue and Dave, dropped by after having had a busy day. So......we had some wine and/or tea.....and watched tv as we chatted. We hadn't seen them since they left Panama City Beach, FL on the second day that we were there. Soooo, we lots and lots of talk to catch up on........GREAT to see them.

This little blog is a bit disjointed tonight.......and I really have many things to discuss, but it will just have to wait until another time. AND.....MOST IMPORTANTLY, I will most likely not have any Wifi for the next few days. The 1st Lady's mother definitely does not have any available, but I may run over to Hannibal and use the free Wifi at the Quality Suites Hotel there, as I have done in the past.

And so, after a busy day, but not a harried one........as always.....

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!!

No comments: