Wednesday, December 03, 2008

WHEW.....two days have slipped away!!!

Hmmm......I had better check my plans for my checking out of here time; I seem to be moving so quickly through these days the time will soon come for me to leave this place, won't it? I can't even remember just what we did do yesterday.....??? Nothing of any importance, other than........?????

Today....well, it too just faded away into the gray blustery day that we had. I did run up to Park Hills and Farmington to pick up a couple of anode rods for my hot water heater in TheHowserHouse on wheels..........it is time to begin to pull things together for our departure in around four weeks from now. I had thrown the old anode rod away......pretty well chewed up and I just decided to purchase two of them so that I would always have one when needed for the upcoming year.

Stopped in the Super Walmart in Farmington and picked up some rib eye steaks to fix this week, some fresh mushrooms, and some fresh bread. Other than that........nothing else was purchased.

This afternoon, I just rather veggied out around the stick and brick. Did some things online, about to purchase train tickets from Philly to D.C. and return, checked on flts for the 1st Lady to fly from Harlingen, TX back to STL sometime in February.....wish she would make up her mind as to the dates so I could lock in these tickets for her!

Sat in front of the lappie and read several very interesting travel blogs from young and old people who are traveling around the world.....cheaply. A very interesting website if you have not seen it; www.travelblog.org I used it in planning our trip to Egypt and Jordan.....TONS of information on traveling all over the world, including the USA and Canada. It takes some time to get into this site.......I just seem to bog down with reading all of the interesting things these people are seeing and doing.....and then I begin to salivate to go and see and do the same damn things!!!!!! There just is not enough time for me to do all of the things that I want to do with the short time frame that I have left before this sagging hulk begins to wear out and break down and keep me from hiking, climbing, going up steps, etc., etc., etc. Sure as hell have to get going...........SOON!!!!

And sooooo, two more days are behind me.....and tomorrow will go just as quickly. We had planned to go to STL today.....but the 1st Lady was not feeling very good, so that is why I just hung out around here and read all of the great things about seeing the world. But.....being able to read, to dream, and to do soooo many things certainly reassures this sagging hulk of me that......

LIFE IS INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: