Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday: WHEW!!! I must have been out of my mind a couple of weeks ago!!!

WOW.......this entire day has been consumed with our "getting ready to leave" chores!!! As I said, I must not have been thinking a couple of weeks ago when I visualized that we could get everything here in the stick and brick, and in TheHowserHouse on-wheels, in just one day!!! It has taken two full days to get rid of the Christmas decor in the stick/brick, box it up, put it away, CLEAN the damn house to rid it of cookie crumbles, candy bits, etc., etc., as well as just bits of trash from the chaotic Christmas unwrappings. Then all of the furniture had to be returned to the proper locations, the fridge cleaned out, trash emptied....several times...and then........

We had to get the rest of the items loaded that we just can't leave without! However, during this prep

aration...I located an old cowboy hat of mine, which I am going to take with me. Yep......is this going to be the NEW sagging hulk of Me???? Hmmmm........time will tell!

Two frustrating things did take up time, which was certainly unplanned. I needed some more keys to the front door.....and when I took the original to wonderful Wally World, they made me three, as requested. Returning home......the damn things would lock the door, but NOT unlock it!!! Soooo, back to wonderful Wally World and I had three different ones made. Returning to the stick/brick......these wouldn't even go into the lock!!!!!!! DAMN!! Soooo, to the city center I drove, and went to the local,......VERY local.....hardward store on South Main. I had three more made.......returned to the stick/brick.....and they wouldn't fit!!! Back to the city center I went, returned them, out to wonderful Wally World and returned the second batch I had purchased from them.........and then just GAVE UP!!!!!

Then.....about 4pm I began to check the truck tires....I'll check them and the RV tires again in the morning.......but, the right front truck tire was 30 pounds low!!!!!! DAMN, DAMN!.. So, I rushed inside, called the local tire place, and was told I would get right in if I could be there in five minutes. No problem.........however, it took about 45 minutes for the repair. There WAS a broken-off nail in the tire.....and soooo, do you know HOW LUCKY I felt knowing that I had checked the tires this evening FIRST, not something I usually do. It would have made us very late in departing in the morning had I had to wait to have the tire fixed!

Sooooo, all is done, I believe.....and hopefully, we can get away by 8am in the morning. I had to leave the furnace on at 50 degrees as it is supposed to get down to 25 tonight with 20-30 mph winds out of the north. Yep....it IS time to get the hell out of here as the cold is returning!!! By Thursday, with luck, we should be getting into warmer weather as we overnight in the San Antonio area......and then the rest of the week and into next week the weather in the RGV is supposed to be in the low to middle 80's for the highs temps each day! I brought several pairs of shorts........being optimistic for this Tip of Texas winter!!!

And sooooo, hopefully I will have decent Wifi tomorrow night. It has never been very good at this KOA in Texarkana, but perhaps it will be better this year???? Yeah....right. If not......I will post again when I can get online.

Even though it has been a very, very busy day.........I still feel just as always.....that....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: