Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wednesday: Twas the Night before Christmas........

Hmmmmm......yesterday was such a depressing, dismal day with the most god-awful weather here in southeast Misery.....I found myself just waiting for the day to end in the hopes that the weather outside might just improve overnight. With Jay and Anne-marie here all day, we just sort of hung out, dashing in and out quickly as the very COLD rain came down in brief downpours....and that rain then hit the already ice covered streets and sidewalks, cars, and windshields.....and just immediately froze. Then it would warm up for a few minutes and the ice would begin to melt.....and then the temp would drop again....and the ice would re-freeze. It was a horrible day!! I finally decided to slide across the street to pick up the mail....and slide, I did! Managed to remain on my feet, even with the gravity pulling heavily on my sagging hulk....haha....but, stay on my feet, I did!

We had a great evening meal prepared by the 1st Lady....and then we just sat around, talked, and watched some tellie shows. It was a short, short night for Jay and Anne-marie as she had to catch a VERY early flight out of STL for Pensacola, FL to join her family at their home in Mobile, Alabama. I awoke them at 2:30AM THIS morning....and then checked again at 2:45AM. They hurridly got ready and left a few minutes after 3am......and, Jay had driven her to the airport, let her out, and returned here to the stick and brick by 6:40am!!! He did say there was no traffice anywhere, not even at the airport, which surprised me. I figured that on Christmas Eve morning, there would be a lot of people flying to various locations around the world.

I left here around 9:30 this morning for a quick trip to Cape Girardeau and back. Reason???? I needed to pick up a couple of small things for gifts for the 1st Lady..........we had made a decision early this fall to forego any expensive gifts for each other and take care of a few items we wanted to do around the yard and house instead........as well as plan for an overseas trip in the 2009. And so, I HOPE she has kept her promise on this agreement.............!!!

This afternoon, after I returned around 12noon, we met the Goldsmith Family at the local Pizza Hut for a late lunch, some wonderful conversation, and to simply spend an hour or so together before the 1st Lady and I leave for the next three months. It has been a traumatic year for this family.......and I still have great difficulty with the negative thoughts that I have, almost daily, about the Staff/Administration of the Meadow Heights Church here in F'town.......thoughts concerning the actions which they took in the unprecedented dismissal of Michael.....AND....the BANNING of the entire family from attending worship services in Meadow Heights Church......most certainly NOT a Christian way of ministering to others/members, and especially the children! But......since it is "the night before Christmas" I will refrain from any more discussion at this time.........

Following lunch, the 1st Lady and I went to visit with David Hanner......who just this past Saturday received a quadruple heart bypass.....and is doing just fine! He was released from the hospital in Cape yesterday afternoon......and so, we spent a couple of hours with him and Sue and family this afternoon. He looks great.....and seems to be healing and making great progress!!! It is somewhat scary in that he had no idea anything was wrong with him.......but, just decided at age 65 to have a stress test run.........and with that and another test....and he was quickly put in the hospital.....and then into surgery a day later. WOW.........think I may look into getting a stress test done on my sagging hulk!!!

Back at the stick/brick by late afternoon, we just rather snacked for supper. Jay currently has a high school friend here for a few drinks and some catch-up conversation.......Tomorrow, we will not celebrate our family Christmas, but will wait until Friday when all of our family can be here, after their own Christmas' "unwrappings" tomorrow. Soooo, a quiet day is anticipated here tomorrow, minus making and receiving phone calls from relatives and friends.

I do want to express my thoughts to each and everyone of you who read these rambling thoughts of mine..........To all of you, I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, as I know that I have readers of many different faiths and religions here each day.....and even though this is a Christian "holiday", the meaning of tomorrow for Christians only reinforces the love, and ideas, and philosophies of everyone, no matter what their religious beliefs. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.....hopefully with your families close by.....and with the advances of modern technology the many miles which separate families can be traversed through telephones, videos, phone cameras, and the internet with video calls. As always...........

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: