Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday......December's cold weather for Misery

Ahhhhh......the days are dwindling down to just a few more than two weeks.....and then we will be back in TheHowserHouse on the road again!!! Just can hardly wait!!!

Today......more of a tech issue day again. Yesterday when we had returned from STL rather late last night.....still completely STUFFED from that marvelous dinner at the Trattoria Marcella.....we had a box at the front door of the stick/brick. I took one look at it and knew that it was the receiver for the den and the standard tv.

Sooo, today.....after several cups of French Roast coffee to get my very heavy and sagging hulk of Me jump started.......I opened the box and began the process of installing the receiver, getting the cables and cords attached correctly, and then getting the receiver installed with Directv. I called the lady at Case Management....and she got it "turned on" so very soon we were receiving tv stations on the standard tv.

I called the 1st Lady in to get her opinion......and miraculously, we both agreed that the picture was BETTER!!!!! Yep....the blurriness was not nearly as intense.....and so we agreed to just keep this receiver, send the other back, and remain with Directv, no matter what happens now. We are both very tired of just dealing with non-humans on the phone, as well as dealing with some of the humans we had to try to work with on our issues. Sooo, tomorrow I will talk with our Case Manager and get the authorization to return the initial receiver.

Then I began the several hour long ordeal to attempt to understand just why I can't/couldn't post any pictures to my blog. Well...........hmmmm, how best to say this? I finally.....repeat the key word...FINALLY.....found out that my account with Picasa was virtually full of pictures.....and so, I cannot post any more. WELL.......that makes more sense. Now, I just have to find an answer to my question: If I remove some of the pictures from my Picasa web albums, will these same pictures then also be removed from my blog posts??????????????? THAT I do not want to happen.....and just might have to open up another free account with Picasa! We'll see.....we'll see.....

This evening.....it was another "put on more weight" evening....as we had dinner at the Hanner House with Sue and Dave and a former neighbor who moved away last spring....Jim Harryman. It was another wonderful meal.....several appetizers including asparagus, shrimp, red pepper and onion dip and some sparkling wine mixed with a blackberry juice for a great tasting drink!!! Then after a great salad, we had roast pork with dressing, roasted potatoes, with fresh mushrooms. Super!!!! Dessert and coffee were served an hour later as we sat near the Christmas tree with some wonderful Christmas Carols playing.........a dessert of Vanilla and of Chocolate Creme Brulee........WOW!!!! Fabulous!!!!! And so,.....more heavy weight has been added to my already very sagging hulk.........and, God Forbid, but we have another dinner to go to tomorrow evening!!!!!!!!

At this rate of eating, I will need to walk to the Rio Grande Valley!!!!! This Holiday Social Schedule is really packed for the next couple of week!!!!!! WHEW........I may be tooo tired to drive the 1100 miles plus......weeeellllll, not really!

Another day.......and another couple of pounds added, but.......I won't complain(yet), as......

LIFE IS INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: