Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday: OMG.....where DID these low, very cold temps come from???

Can't believe just how cold it is here in southeast Misery for this time of the year!!!!!!!!!!!! The wind chill was 7 degrees for most of the day....and the actual temps hovered around 18 degrees for the entire day. DAMN!!!! Just can't remember when these low temps have arrived in Misery this early in the winter season.........and, I do not think it is just my short term memory loss, either.

Yesterday........the morning was relaxing as the 1st Lady and I had our Fr Roast coffee and hot tea.....and just did a few Christmas wrapping projects. Then during the afternoon we visited Mike for the afternoon/early evening, returning here around 8:30pm. And....just in time to catch the final episode of "Survivor".......and with the DVR, we were able to catch up quickly with the first 30 minutes that we missed. "Bob" was one of the two that I picked after the 1st episode to be the survivor, but I had been hoping that Matty would be the one to be voted as the winner. Oh well..........just a game, just a game.

Today....well, we remained inside for most of the day......again, doing some Christmas wrapping and I was doing some online research. I have maxed out on the number of megabytes that I can use for free on Picasa.....hence, the reason I can't post any more pictures on here. Sooooo, been trying to make some decisions as to just how to handle this problem.

I can purchase more for a yearly cost......hmmmmm......not certain as yet about this. I could delete the pictures from the Web Albums in Picasa, but then that would delete the pictures from this blog if I did that......and I sure as hell do not really want to do that!!!!! Soooo, I have been working on these issues and have not yet found a solution......a way to resolve this problem.
Strangely enough.....when my computer crashed a couple of months ago.......and then when I purchased this new one and began to post pictures on Picasa......all of the pictures from 2005 forward were missing from Picasa!!! AND.....get this......all of those pictures are STILL on the blog!!! Can't figure that one out....???!!! In fact, all of the pictures that are from '07....Egypt/Jordan...our trips this year...Texas, Niagara Falls, northeast Canada and New England.....all of them are still there on Picasa. Sooooo, again....what the hell has happened??

Do any of you readers/followers of this blog have a thought or two about this problem???? I know that some of you write blogs........so, your thoughts??? Have you experienced this type of situation???? I do like Blogger, I like Picasa for picture storage and editing of photos.....so, any suggestions are certainly welcome!!!

And so.......tonight we should have been in Washington, MO for our grandaughter's Christmas performace, however.......they cancelled school for today so the program was postponed until Thursday night. Thankfully, we were able to bring out a Plan B.....as we were supposed to be at the Lake of the Ozarks on Thursday afternoon/early evening for dinner with my sister and her husband. Soooo, Plan B puts us at the Lake on Wednesday, but it will work for all of us!!!

Thursday......in Washington, Friday in Monroe City, and Sat/Sun at the Quality Inn/Suites in Hannibal for the 1st Lady's family Christmas there at the hotel. It is such a wonderful place to stay with such accomodating staff, great facilities including Wifi, great pool and hot tub, and then we have a catered dinner on Sunday with games and gifts during the afternoon. A busy week.......to say the least.

And soooo, brrrrrrr......another very cold day has rushed by...another day in my ever shortning Life, but even with this ungodly cold weather and winds........

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: