Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Tuesday: Miserable in Misery.....

OH yeah.......what a very, very nasty and dismal day!!!!! I had to pull my sagging hulk up into a vertical....somewhat....position earlier this morning. My truck physical/transfusion was at 8am and it is about 18 miles or more from here, soooooo after the usual morning rituals, I got my French Roast coffee going, checked my email, and then turning out the lights, I headed to Duncan's 4x4 and Diesel Service in Doe Run.

Each time we prepare for a lengthy trip, I always take the truck there for and oil change, fuel filter, brakes checked, and just a general physical exam of everything. Well, today......I was informed by the "Doc" that new brakes were needed, as well as a caliper(sp?) which had a major problem. Well....by the time they had obtained the needed items, installed them, and then finished everything, I had been there for three hours. Yep.....this was a much longer check-up than I had anticipated.....and, of course, a MUCH higher bill! But.....it is done and obviously, was needed.

I made a quick trip then to Walgreen's to pick up some Christmas cards which were special ordered online using a photo of the 1st Lady and myself in Nova Scotia this past summer. Picked them, went out to the truck and opened the box.....and, my strange eye and sense of straight lines and symetricalism(sp?word?), I could easily see that the picture on the card was not straight across the card, as well as the stars in the background which were all in straight lines, but the lines were straight on the card. Ok....back inside I went, showed them to the photo clerk, and was told that it was the template that came from the online order, as all of those ordered online had been coming out of the printer exactly the same way!!!!!! She told me that they were like that on the website where we ordered the cards. Well, I asked for a refund........and then returned home.

Immediately upon getting inside.....I got online, checked out the example of the cards, and enlarging them, I saw that NO, she was wrong. That is not the way the example looks online. Ok.....I called Customer Service with Walgreen's, talked with someone in the photo service center, and she confirmed my vision, and said that NO....they were not supposed to be printed with lines that were not straight. OK......so I called the local Walgreens where I had just been about 30 minutes earlier, told them what I had learned, and then said the would check it out to see what the problem is....... My mind wonders......is is the photo paper that is not straight when they are being printed????? Well, I'll check this out tomorrow.........

The weather which I mentioned above.....well, it was in the upper 40's/lower 50's but drizzles, dismal greyness with low clouds and bits of fog here and there......and by late afternoon a cold front pushed through and the temps began to drop quickly!!! Snow flurries and possible sleet is expected tonight, but no accumulation is predicted.......which means that we could be covered in snow and ice by morning!

The 1st Lady's mother seems a bit better, however......her lung doctor is "pretty dissatisfied", and wants to run "more tests". At least, she seems a "bit perkier" this afternoon, so the 1st Lady told me on the phone. Still coughing enough to bring up both lungs from what she told me, but even with all of this, she is eating some...and seemed a bit stronger.

Tomorrow.......I'm off to Cape Girardeau to attend a concert by a musical ensemble in which Rachel, our granddaughter, in which she will be performing. Supposed to be about an hour at the Cape Mall......and then I will return here to do a bit of house cleaning during the afternoon.

Nothing new on the satellite tv saga........other than a friend wrote on our Cedar Creek RV Owners Club website forum that he had had a tv antenna "cable" next to a satellite cable and it affected the picture quality of the satellite cable. Soooooo, thankfully I had kept the phone number of the young man who was here yesterday, as well as last Sunday week, .......called him, asked him if the Charter cable had been disconnected and removed from the little box on the outside of the house....and he told me it hadn't been, but wasn't right next to their cables, so he told me to unhook and remove it from the box tomorrow to see if that will make a difference in the older tv's picture. Hmmmmm...........???

And so....another day in the Life of this sagging hulk of Me.......and even with this dreadful, dismal day's weather..........I still feel that......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!



Immediately, i

No comments: