Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday: The sun was out......WOW!!!!!!!!

Can't believe it!!!!! The 1st Lady was up and going before I was even awake........I forgot she had a medical test this morning in Farmington.....and so, she was gone before I even made it out of the shower!



So, I had my French Roast coffee in relative peace and quiet, enjoying reading the online newspapers, as well as my email which always....ALWAYS....has many emails from soooo many places where friends and former students now live. I took care of some things around the stick and brick....and then......started up the truck, even though it had not been started since last Wednesday and it started on the second attempt!!! It was still about 8 degrees, and I had not plugged it in, so I was grateful for the response that my Ford made in this frigid weather.



I drove up to Farmington, got a really short haircut(shorter than I wanted, but what can be done after those few hairs are laying on the floor???) Then I went to the Supercenter for some groceries; took back the Charter TV receivers; and then returned to F'town where I made a couple of more stops in the "city center".



While stopping in at the local florist I found myself engaged in a conversation with a school board member.....and to say the very least, the turn of the conversation was quite interesting!!! It doesn't sound like much has changed since I was serving on the board, except that there a few others who feel like I STILL do.....that things need to be studied more carefully, and that more information is always needed from the Administration.....and the board never gets that information when needed. Oh well...........



This afternoon........I found myself in a domesticated mood......and did my "Christmas baking". Yep......I spent about three hours baking cookies which everyone in the family enjoys. For the past couple of years I have used a recipe that I got off of the Paula Dean show on the Food Network.......an oatmeal cookie with five different spices, walnuts, raisins, and a powdered sugar/butter icing which is just perfect with these cookies since the butter is browned prior to adding the sugar. Then I made some coconut macaroons that are drizzled with a very dark chocolate sauce to finish them off.......and OMG, are they ever GREAT!!! I found the recipe in a fall issue of Bon Appetit.....and it is quite easy to fix! OH SO GOOD!!!

Jay and Anne-marie arrived late this afternoon from STL where they had over-nighted....and then shopped today before driving down here. We had a light supper, a couple of glasses of wine, and some of those great little calorie-laden cookies. The 1st Lady went to Farmington for dinner with her friends who meet each month for dinner, drinks, and discussions of all kinds,.......she never tells the subjects....haha!!

This evening we have spent a bit of time trying to get a flight from STL to Pensacola, FL for Anne-maire on Christmas Eve morning. Finally located one on Air Tran with a change in Atlanta for about $170. I was rather surprised that it would be that cheap at such a late date and especially on Christmas Eve!!!! They are both flying to Cancun, MX on Sunday morning for a week or so.........

And soooooo........another day in the life of this sagging hulk of Me,.......and, as always,........

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: