Thursday, November 01, 2007

And.....now to Vienna, Virginia.......

Today was a busy day......the 1st Lady, my daughter-in-law, and myself all went to visit with Mike today. On the return, mid-afternoon trip, I received a cell phone message from my cousin, Gene, who called to tell me my cousin, Sonya Woten Hayes, had passed away this morning.

From that time on until right now, I have been making, revising, and beginning anew the plans for driving over to Vienna, VA for the services......which will begin on Monday evening with the funeral on Tuesday afternoon of next week. I plan to drive......plane fares are horrendous for last minute, non-immediate family bereavement plane flights, plus renting a car in DC or Baltimore........so I am not certain if I will leave on Saturday or Sunday. It is about 950 miles from here at F'town......which makes it a LONG day's drive.

So, it appears I will have to miss the Vienna Boys Choir's performance in St Louis which the 1st Lady and I had purchased tickets for a few months ago......the concert is next Wednesday evening and I don't think I can get back to STL in time for the concert. It might be possible......but I just won't know until I get to Virginia. Odd........I will be in Vienna....Virginia, and will miss the Vienna Boys Choir of Vienna, Austria. I have heard them before but it has been a number of years since that performance.....they are ALWAYS incredible!!

This is short tonight........tooooooo many things happening around here as we attempt to revise our plans for the next few days.....and still get everything.....EVERYTHING......done for our upcoming trip to Egypt and Jordan. LOTS to do........enough time??? We'll see......

And sooooooo, on this evening of not being in the cheeriest of moods, but being lost in my memories of the great times my cousin and I had over the years....since we were small children playing at our grandparent's very small home at Lake Ozark, MO to the wonderful times we had as adults while I was visiting her in Virginia or at their winter home in Mesa, AZ........I find it rather difficult to actually write my traditional last line, but she was always sooooo positive and she always felt just as I do.....sooooo...........

Life IS Great!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

Hi John,
I am very sorry to hear about your Cousin's passing away. I know your memories of her will help you through this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

Larry and Cindy.