Wednesday, November 21, 2007

And the Cruise continues.......dates are wrong.....lost track of time

TUESDAY…..November 20 (I think?)

Well, we docked at the town of Edfu last night…..watching a great sunset along the way….and having a party on the way.

TODAY…….we were awakened early, ate a quick breakfast, and then exited the boat to the streetside, and were, as couples and foursomes, assigned a horse drawn carriage…..called hantour…..and off we went with a driver clipping and bouncing down the street, in and out of auto traffic, donkey and wagon traffic, etc., etc. and arrived at the Temple of Horus about 15 minutes later. Another mammoth structure……the most heavily carved with bas relief during the time Alexander the Great…..that I have seen. Another “first” for me!!!! However………………………………......

About 5AM this morning, my insides began to awaken earlier than the alarm clock and I realized that the TUT TUMMY had become a part of MY system!!!!!!! I went down to the dining room with the 1st Lady, but ate nothing, other a hot cup of tea. THEN…..we began to learn that there were 5 others in our 11 member group that were suffering from the same major problem!!!!!!!!! What HAD we eaten that did us in???????? All but one of us puny tummied ones did go on and visit the Edfu Temple, albeit we made quick halts at the tiny W.C.(water closet). Actually, it was not as bad as we had expected……..

And by the time we returned by carriage to the boat, we six headed for our beds…..and bathrooms. I began to run a fever, made numerous trips QUICKLY to the bathroom in our cabin, and then began to drink some water. I also took some Immodium, and other meds for this TUT TUMMY. Than……the north exit of my body became involved…..and I think I am giving out “TOO MUCH INFORMATION” for all of you!!!!

Ok……it is now 6pm…on Tuesday…..and I am beginning to revive just a bit. I laid in bed all afternoon mising the Kom Ombo Temple which is on the side of hill right next to the Nile, but that sure wasn’t on my mind most of this day!!! I believe all but 1 or 2 are recovering……HOPEFULLY!!!!!!!!

And now……..the boat is cruising in the dark to the destination of Aswan…..scheduled to dock at 9pm for two nights. The 1st Lady took picture of the Horus Temple so I will get to see what I missed while holding my sagging hulk and moaning a bit as severe cramps became a part of my Life all day long. We still cannot figure out what we ate specifically that did us in……perhaps when we all feel a bit more like talking about food we can arrive at the culprit that landed in our insides!!!!

NOW……I truly believe that I CAN say that……..

Life is Great……..And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!! (Should you decide to come over…..bring meds as the 1st Lady and I did!)

No comments: