Wednesday, July 20, 2005

HOT...HUMID....MISERABLE

Yep....what a horrible weather day here in southeast-MO. And, it is only going to get worse in the days to come.....ugh! At one point in time today, the heat index was 108 degrees.....too hot for this ripening old man....on fact, I will be OVER-ripe with these temps.

Went out to the School today to visit w/the Supt., had not talked w/him but a couple of times during our 50 days of wanderings.....got caught up on school bd. business and other interesting data.

Also got really pissed at Hotmail.com as I still couldn't access my email acct. ALL DAY LONG! Finally, after some heated emails thru a Yahoo email acct of mine, and two replies from hotmail staff somewhere out in cyberspace, It was repaired/fixed/accessable......thank God! No good explanation from them.....of course.

Finished going thru more mail.....mailed some payments, argued by phone with personnel at the org. that services my medical insurance...which I still get thru the school district. Seems this office in Kansas City for some reason had not automatically withdrawn my June payment....they cannot explain why they didn't...and had CANCELLED ME OUT!!!!! Of course, June was the 1st time I have had a need to use the ins. in several years!!!!! I was cancelled because I didn't make a payment.....and of course, I was unaware that the had taken any action of any kind. What a hot phone call they received from the 1st Lady.....who is the bookkeeper for TheHowserHouse. Still it isn't resolved as yet!!!!!

Dropped into the local expresso/coffee shop.....a new facility since I was last there. Big business appears to be happening there......and that is good. Exciting that Fredtown will support a place such as this!!!!!!!!!

Visited ohhh soooo briefly with Goldie, my former associate band director at school. He appears to be an avid reader of this little blog.......soooo IF you ARE reading this......how about coffee on Thurs morning????? We need to discuss our travels....yours and mine......as well as the past 7 weeks....ok??

Headed to St. Joe on Saturday morning....early. Then on Sunday to Monroe City for a visit w/1st Lady mother.....and then back here to prepare for a trip to Evansville, IN to visit Jeremy and to see his new digs/crib/living accomodations later next week.

Well....enough of my ramblings this evening......sure no one is interested in all of these thoughts that are pouring from my inner sanctum......hmmmm, used that word yesterday, too.

Later.....

No comments: