Friday, July 08, 2005

BACK TO THE LAND OF HAZY SKIES.....UGH!!

FRIDAY, July 8th

I must be getting lazy………I didn’t get a post made last night, as some of you avid, hooked readers realize. I drove from Douglas, WY. To North Platte, NE and spent the night at a cg there. We had stayed in this same cg seven years ago when we were out this way. Nothing special…..just clean and well laid out…..errrr, the campground, I mean.

We decided to dine out and it, too, was nothing special. My steak had to be sent back for more time on the grill…….it was soooo rare that it was COLD on the inside! I was rather out of sorts, which didn’t help my reaction to the way the steak was prepared….HAHA.(Helen Holland....I should have you for my server.....and then i know it would have been GREAT)

Went back to TheHowserHouse and went to bed: my arm was throbbing, my stomach was upset, and my good arm/shoulder was aching from having to use it 100% of the time driving.
Today was a better day, even tho I am tired tonight. We are in St. Joseph, MO…….and we are back in the Land of the Hazy Skies!!!! DAMN!!!! I sure miss the deep blue, clear skies of the West……..and I am already cursing this damn humidity and heat! WHY do I live in Missouri???

We are right in the center of St. Joe at the only cg in the town….and the people who own/operate it are genuine assholes!!!!! I will write a very poor review of this cg at a site online where cg reviews can be sent in!! They are terribly disorganized, along with their attitude problems.

We are headed for Branson tomorrow and should return to F’town by the end of next week, and that will complete our 7th week on the road. We are meeting Dr. Jeni who will bringing all 3 granddaughters with her……and all will stay in TheHowserHouse with us down there. Hmmmm, sure there will be lots of peace and quiet……HAHA.

Sooo, more tomorrow from southern Missouri under humid and hazy skies…..

No comments: