Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Day of Departure

Wednesday…July 6th

What a great group of people we met while in Ten Sleep!!!!!!! This morning at 8AM EVERYONE we knew, and some we didn’t know, were at TheHowserHouse to help me get the RV unhooked and ready to leave…….such a wonderful group of new friends!!!!! They took care of rolling up hoses, emptying the “black water”, and the other holding tanks, disconnecting the cable tv, and then assisting me with the connecting of the truck and RV. We promised them we would return next year and stay longer with them, as most of them return each year and spend the hot, humid summers in the coolness of Ten Sleep.

We had breakfast in Worland since we got an hour before my appt. w/the doctor…..I had found a place to park our 55’ rig. The dr. told me to get to a orthopedic dr. as soon as we returned……he is still very concerned about two of the wrist bones shifting up and over the broken arm bone…..a common occurrence with a break like mine.

We left Worland and south by southeast, crossing the WY “desert” heading to Casper….for 100 HOT miles with no towns during those 100 miles. Stopped in Casper at Sam’s and at Walmart to replenish and return some items……spending about I hour in each place. Thrn drove on 45 miles to Douglas and checked into a KOA. Great view from our living rm window!!!!

Discovered some type of leakage spots on my side of the truck…..with worst “wetness” under the left front wheel well. Soooo will have it looked at tomorrow…I hope…before we start out in the HEATof the day.

Will post a couple of pics of this area……

OHHHH…I forgot to mention: I drove 239 miles today with only my left hand doing the steering!! A bit nerve wracking in Casper, a city of 60,000+, which gave us a cultural shock after living in Ten Sleep w/304 people for two weeks!!!! HAHA!! TheHowserHouse weighs around 14,000 lbs not including the F350 truck.

The temp and breeze are beautiful this evening!! Can hardly keep myself inside....what a gorgeous night!!!!!!!

No comments: