Tuesday, August 04, 2009

TUESDAY AM: Tech problems, and return of summer Misery...

WOW....I know that many of you have contacted me to see if everything is ok with me and mine.....and, as far as that.....we are fine. However, yesterday...early evening....all of a sudden my laptop just totally froze(not because of the weather).....and it wouldn't even shut down normally. After getting frustrated, I turned it off by holding he on/off button down.....and then it wouldn't come back on any more.

Well.....I went and dug my paperwork, etc. out of the folder where I keep it....and did get a human being within about 8 minutes.....in the Philippines, of course. However, after over an hour with the young(?) man, and he had to take control of this laptop from over there.....I was up and running, even though everything seemed just a bit hesitant when I would try to do something on it. Well.........

Then I realized that my Norton Anti-virus program was flashing at me.....so, I tried to FIX the problem which said that my computer was a RISK......well, I couldn't get anything on my Norton 360 program to work at all. The Toshiba guy had me go back to an earlier date....Aug 1st...and restore everything to that date....which got things working for me on Round 1. Soooo, this time I contacted Norton and finally.....FINALLY.....reached their help chat line and got an individual there to work with me on this problem......! Well......it took an hour and a half before he was able to get things up and running again, only by uninstalling the edition of Norton which was on my laptop....and installing a new edition.....and all of this took BIG TIME ...like two hours!!!! He, too took control of the laptop, but after the new edition was installed......the anti-virus program worked great.....and it has a lot more protection than the old one.

Next thing: Time to write this post......

I got ready to write on here, but after taking a few pictures yesterday, I decided to put the pictures on the computer/Picasa....and when I plugged everything up thru the USB port, the computer would not recognized the camera!!!!!!! I tried everything......even reloading the cd disk with the program from the Canon people for this camera.......no luck!! Soooooo, I once again called Toshiba....in the Philippines....and this time I got lucky!!! This guy knew what the hell he was doing with no problemo!!!!!! He took charge of the computer....and after an hour, he got it to recognize my camera.......and,

By this time it was MIDNIGHT!!!!! DAMN.....I was in no mental state to write on here....and as I do this right now, I don't think I am much better. It was a short night!!!!

Yesterday and the day before are now a blur to me. I did get up early yesterday to wax the rear end of the RV, but it was sooooooo wet from the humidity...I had to wait much longer than I wanted to.....so by the time I got it waxed and polished, the sun was bearing down on me and the rear of the trailer.....so I had to just call it a day.....at 9:30am!!!

On Sunday, I did spend three hours cleaning, washing, scrubbing, the awning...on both sides. It is 8' wide....and 21' feet long, so there is a lot of square footage to go over when doing this job correctly. On that day it was beautiful....not hot, not humid.....and even though I was in the sun for those wet hours, it really wasn't too bad. There had been some mold grow on the underneath side of the awning, up by where it is attached to the trailer.........the area that gets no sun, nor any way to dry out when it becomes wet. Not sure how that happens but it does. Soooo, I got on the ladder and went lengthywise, unrolling it about 18" at a time, then moving the ladder every so often so I could reach all of the top of the awning with a scrub brush, sponge, and soapy water.

After the top was all done, I then went under it and using a stronger cleaner, I got the mold off and all of the underneath side clean, also!!! It took about 3 hours or more.....and was not a job I enjoy doing just for the "fun" of it!!!! But....the end product is now really great!!!!

The 1st Lady left on Sunday morning to go spend a couple of days with Dr. Jeni and the kids....and then is going on up to her Mom's this morning. She will return here on Thurs.....and then on Sat, we both go back up there for her 45th class reunion that evening. Sunday, we are back at Dr. Jeni's for Max's 1st Birthday Party!!!!!!!! Yep, he is one year old.......bringing back memories of our hurried trip home last summer from Nova Scotia, and then next day leaving immediately for St. Petersburg, FL. A very busy few days of driving!!!!!

OK...this morning I am going to try to get this online and will see if the pictures can be added which I took yesterday. OH.......almost forgot......yesterday morning a huge truck arrived in front of the stick/brick and after unhooking/unloading this marvelous vehicle, they took the pallets of new shingles for my roof off of the truck and then lifted them with this incredible forklift type of vehicle, but quite differently constructed, and placed them on the roof in various locations. YEP.....THIS IS THE WEEK!!!!!!! Of course, big storms and rains are anticipated, soooooo, that might hold up their plans for tearing off the old shinges(what's left of them), rebuilding some of the actual plywood roof, and then putting on the new ones. Hopefully, by the end of the week, they will be able to do this!!!!!!!

Sooooo, I was supposed to run up to Farmington to meet my former piano student for coffee....but, he just this minute called to say that he has some "company" at home, so we will have to do this later this week. Not a problem....but I do need to go to Farmington, so since this morning the humidity factor must be 110percent, I may go ahead and do that. Ahhhhh....I will try to post this evening, if this laptop continues to work as it should........?????????

Even with all of the tech problems....and aren't they soooooo damn frustrating?????........as always....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: