Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 11, Sunday: Thayne, Wyoming........an easy trip up here yesterday!!

We arrived here in Thayne, Wyoming, yesterday afternoon. Currently at the Star Vally Ranch RV Resort for the next two weeks where we are enjoying being with our life-long friends who summer here.

We drove here yesterday from Rawlins, Wyoming........and had a great trip across southern Wyoming and up here to Thayne, which is only 50 miles southwest of Jackson Hole, right on the Idaho-Wyoming state line. It is a beautiful valley, about 4 miles across with mountains on both sides, running north/south. There was absolutely NO wind on I-80.....quite unusual....which allowed me to get almost 13 mpg while towing TheHowserHouse!

After squeezing my 5er into our rented RV site here in the RV park.....and it was squeezed in as the street in front of the site is very, very narrow.....we set things up for the next two weeks and then visited with our good friends, Mac and Gail. Later, we all went into town to a Bar and Steakhouse for dinner......a great place for steaks!!! Returning to the resort, we had tea on their patio, along with a couple of other friends whom we had met in Casa Grande, AZ when we were there in the winter of '07 while we were there visiting Mac and Gail.

I have no internet service at our site.......but, our friends have DSL at their park model home and so I am using it now to write this. It is a cool and rainy day here in the Valley.....and so, we are just visiting and catching up on each other's lives and families and friends. We hope to do some fishing while here......I haven't been since I broke my arm while we were here in Wyoming four years ago!!!

I will post pictures as I can......and the same goes for getting these posts out into cyberspace. I know that there are many of you who read these posts daily......sooooo, just keep checking in for the latest updates of TheHowserHouse.......OK??? And.....as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: